Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom and csp

tag
jaraico
Regular Contributor

chase freedom and csp

ive heard great things about having the freedom and chase sapphire preffered combo

so maybe its time to app again?

income is 63,000

score 700

aaoa 2.5 yrs

no collections

car loan 02/2013 for 30,000 down to 25,000 

student loans in defferment

app free for 6 months! 6 or 7 inquiries in last year (car shopping)

credit cards:

1. discover over 5 yrs old  0/1000

2. citi opened 12/2012  550/1000

3. csp opened 04/2013  500/5000

4. jared 2 yrs old  900/1400

my first cc ever was a bank of america american express which i maxed out and i closed for financial hardship

so never went to collection but currently still paying off, remaining balance is 500

do you guys think i cant get the amex blue or cash card? or the chase freedom?

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: chase freedom and csp

Have you checked their pre-qualified offers site?
Check that first.

The only issue I would have is that you're carrying a balance on 4 cards. But everything else looks good

If you apply and are denied I would recon. You can probably talk your way through an approval. But you stand a decent shot right now
Message 2 of 14
swpopham
Established Contributor

well, why haven't you been getting CLI's on the discover if its 5 years old its time to call and say hey am i prequalified for a 10k limit? and think too your citi is at 55% uti

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 14
jaraico
Regular Contributor

ive literally tried to get a cli every year and they keep giving me bs answers why not to.

thats why i refuse to use it but i cant close it since its on my oldest

Message 4 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried getting a CLI on Discover before you make a payment and have a balance on the card? I've found that works as well.. but I've honestly never had any trouble at all with them... I've done the chat for a CLI, I've called, and I've done it through Message, and also on the soft pull page luv button. LOL GL!!
Message 5 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, I would check the preapproval link because of carrying a balance on 4 of 5 accounts. If you got your Citi balance down below 20% I think you have a good shot at it.
Message 6 of 14
MMB85
Contributor

@jaraico wrote:

ive literally tried to get a cli every year and they keep giving me bs answers why not to.

thats why i refuse to use it but i cant close it since its on my oldest

If it helps any, I had my Discover card since 2009, rarely used it. Started out with a $500 limit. I've tried in the past to get a CLI but was denied. I tried the other day and punched in $4500, so that it would bring me to 5,000 and I was approved. Have you tried CLI through your account on the site rather than calling?

Message 7 of 14
jaraico
Regular Contributor

good idea!

Message 8 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 14
Networth
Frequent Contributor

For American Express I would be worried about there "internal algorithmic" you said you opened a BoA/Amex card maxed it, than closed, and are slowly paying it off. I would wonder how their super secret system views that. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.