Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom chances

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase freedom chances

I recently started rebuilding my credit after a long hiatus

I want to apply for the chase freedom but don't want to risk the hp if I dont have a chance of getting approved

My current fico scourse are ex-715 - tu-675 ex-725

tu is reporting a baddie for 8k that should be of my record by the end of this month ( I will not apply until then)

My income is -80k

my lenth of credit is history 10 years because of 4 closed student loan account 

but all my active revolving accounts are new opened in may and june of this year

so myfico stated my aaoa is 6 years

util - 15%

I have a cap1 secured $2100 cap1 plat $500 express $500 Jcrew $1000

No other loans or collections or debts on report

Do you guys think I should try after the tu baddie comes off or wait a few more months?

My plans are to purchase a car in a few months

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: chase freedom chances

I'd definitely wait until the baddie gets off your report for the best chances and not just that, being able to get a decent APR and credit limit too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

In my opinion if your getting a car loan and it's going to be less than 6 months wait until after you get the car. Applying for credit cards the new TL and inquires will lower your credit score and affect your APR on the new car. 

I would imagine Cap1 pulled all three credit reports for each card. If you got the other two with the shopping cart trick  they would have no inquirys but two new TLs. Your credit report wouldn't look to bad when applying for a car loan the way it sits. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did use the shopping cart trick and capital one did hit all 3. The car will not be until July of next year I want to close the secure card I hate having 2k tied up. And I will not even try to apply until the last baddie on tu falls off.  I just wanted know if I even had a chance of being approved

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.