Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase freedom odds?

To start this off, I know you guys can't give a straightforward answer as to whether or not I'll get approved, but...

Here's my situation- I have a very young credit history and want the Freedom now for the $200 bonus!

Dec 2013- got a discover it ($500, currently $750) and a card through my CU ($500)

July 2014- got a citi thankyou preferred ($1500)

October 2014- got an amex everyday ($3700, now $10k)

November 2014- reported as an AU from my mom's Chase card, inflated my score and history.

I'm a student and make $10.5K

Should I hold off from applying for the Freedom?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase freedom odds?

Looks good. Go for it. Whatever you get out of auth user doesn't matter to them.

If you get declined, just recon but you've got a good shot at it IMO.
Message 2 of 15
msbia
Established Contributor

Apply! Your odds were certainly better than mine lol. But check the Chase prequalify link first.

@Anonymous wrote:

To start this off, I know you guys can't give a straightforward answer as to whether or not I'll get approved, but...

Here's my situation- I have a very young credit history and want the Freedom now for the $200 bonus!

Dec 2013- got a discover it ($500, currently $750) and a card through my CU ($500)

November 2014- reported as an AU from my mom's Chase card, inflated my score and history.

Thank you!

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Chase is weird when approving people.  Nobody knows how /what they go by.  If your scores are good, give it a shot.  Also, check their pre-approval site and see what it give you.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is showing up on the prequalification website.

Thank you both for your input, I'll probably apply!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing is showing up on the prequalification website.

Thank you both for your input, I'll probably apply!

Keep us posted and keeping fingers crossed for you.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't show any for me either. And I just got approved for an Amex BCP.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for $2k at 18.99%

Looking forward to the bonus/ alternating the 5% with the Discover.

Thanks, guys!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!

Congrats!!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Congrats!  My daughter is 24 and has had credit for 6 years.  Applied for Chase Freedom and was denied.  Too many new accounts, (2) and length of time for credit not long enough.  I haven't a clue what they go by from person to person.  I thought 100% that she'd get accepted.  Her TU is a 700, thought they pulled EX, but they pulled EQ and used an internal scoring system.  She has two deferred student loans, a Citi Forward $2000 and a Cap One $500 and three store cards, Walmart $1200, Amazon $900 and Victoria's Secret $500.  That's it.  No balances except on Cap One.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.