Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom rewards classification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase freedom rewards classification

is there any way online to see your chase freedom history and if certain merchants fall under the bonus categories?  i called customer service and the best help they can give is that the points show up in 6-8 weeks, but they gave no indication that my "burger king" purchase today will be reviewable as a "restaurant" when the points come in 6-8 weeks later.  does anyone know?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: chase freedom rewards classification

Smiley Very HappyHow many points can u possibly get from a burger king purchase?

Message 2 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

Smiley Very HappyHow many points can u possibly get from a burger king purchase?

I imagine if you paying for a whole sports team quite a bit.....

Message 3 of 9
KLGFCG
New Contributor

I'm 99.9% sure that my BK purchases have qualified as restaurants for Freedom. I know I checked that fast food was included in "restaurants and dining" when the category started, and my rewards definitely indicate that my fast food purchases are receiving 5%, but I haven't actually calculated out just the BK charges to check them.

And, dalebb, that $0.25 each time adds up! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was really meant to be a hypothetical example.  i just wanted to figure out how to know if a purchase counts towards 5% or not so that the next time i'm there i know which card to use.

Message 5 of 9
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

There is no way to check on your own other than by asking the merchant how they are coded and then asking Chase if that code falls under the 5% category.

Message 6 of 9
lithium78
Established Contributor

Merchants use codes to show that they are restaurants.  If Chase Freedom works anything like my Discover More, they should accept Burger King as a "restaurant."  Discover accepted McDonalds and Roy Rogers as "restaurants" for me.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
johnnie198x
Contributor

Does anyone know if Chase will have some kind of tracking system, showing which transactions earn how many points? I always receive less points than i should.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnnie198x wrote:

Does anyone know if Chase will have some kind of tracking system, showing which transactions earn how many points? I always receive less points than i should.

Nope, and you probably just think things are categorized differently than they really are.  Walmart and Target, for example, are not considered grocery stores although you can buy groceries from them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.