Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: chase freedom...

Whoever said that name was gonna stick needs a pint of guiness!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 56
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I think stickong with slate and waiting for freedom will be better. They said no because of too many new accounts
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 32 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
I think stickong with slate and waiting for freedom will be better. They said no because of too many new accounts

Garden for 1 year, prune bad accounts, problem solved!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 56
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

Sounds like they don't want to extend you more credit than the $500(?) they have already extended to you on the Slate. The way I see it you have two options. Close the Slate and get the Freedom or stop being so app insane and wait for all those cards to age and those INQs to fall off and they would probably have no problem issuing you the Freedom with the Slate with a much better limit.

+1

STOP APPING!

+2

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 34 of 56
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Appbar;

I'm so very glad you declined the offer to exchange Slate for Freedom as others recommended.  You're much better off not making the change.  Very rarely will experienced members of this forum steer a person wrong, they really do their best to give the right advice.  Smiley Happy

I was practically born with a bottle of "Anti-App-Itch" myself, it's a combo of looking at reports, the possible decline reasons that I could see and what my goals and current situation are along with a lot of thought and research.  After applying, the itch pretty much fades fast.  Please, if you're going to visit the forum, use it to help quell your itch to app instead of promote it.  Remember, scratching (hitting submit) will only make the itch worse as it often results in a denial.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 35 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Appbar;

I'm so very glad you declined the offer to exchange Slate for Freedom as others recommended.  You're much better off not making the change.  Very rarely will experienced members of this forum steer a person wrong, they really do their best to give the right advice.  Smiley Happy

I was practically born with a bottle of "Anti-App-Itch" myself, it's a combo of looking at reports, the possible decline reasons that I could see and what my goals and current situation are along with a lot of thought and research.  After applying, the itch pretty much fades fast.  Please, if you're going to visit the forum, use it to help quell your itch to app instead of promote it.  Remember, scratching (hitting submit) will only make the itch worse as it often results in a denial.

Good post!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 36 of 56
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Im thinking of getting rid of 1-3 cards before the end of this year.. i would like to get rid of cap1
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 37 of 56
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Looks like they pulled TU only had 3 inqs on it at the time
L

Message 38 of 56
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:
Called back declined offer said ill try in a year...

I think that was a wise decision.  I just hope you have the willpower to go a whole year without an app.

A year is a long time...

LOL

Message 39 of 56
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Looks like they denied you for AAoA, not number of INQ.

@afbar1114 wrote:

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.