Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase hyatt options

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

chase hyatt options

From most of the post i have read you can't PC co branded cards to Chase cards like freedom , CSP etc. So what options would i have with my Chase Hyatt card I am not sure i want to keep it i hardly use the card , i know you get an free night but its only category 1-3 from what i recall. 

My original plan was to PC it to FU but since thats not an option , so is closing and moving CL to my regular Freedom card my only real option ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: chase hyatt options

Yes. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

i agree, it think it might be your only option. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep it's just like my Chase Amazon card.. can't PC..
Message 4 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

From most of the post i have read you can't PC co branded cards to Chase cards like freedom , CSP etc. So what options would i have with my Chase Hyatt card I am not sure i want to keep it i hardly use the card , i know you get an free night but its only category 1-3 from what i recall

My original plan was to PC it to FU but since thats not an option , so is closing and moving CL to my regular Freedom card my only real option ?

Cat 1-4

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They are not going to let you PC the card to anything. Your only choice is what you mentioned, close and move the limit over.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure that's what you wanna do 100% first. $75 for a 1-4 cat night every each year is a pretty decent deal imo but everyone's needs are different.
Message 7 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Yes I am going to look at options for my chase Hyatt I did something really stupid when I closed my csp I should have pced that over to the FU card oh well you learn from your mistakes .

I will see what category 1-4 Hyatt hotels would be interested in . If it's worth the af or not .

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a beautiful resort in Southwest Florida in Bonita Springs. I've been there before and it's absolutely gorgeous. It looks like it's a category 7 or 8 and it's a 4.
Message 9 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good move to check things out first, just to be certain.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.