Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase is irritating...

tag
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

chase is irritating...

A week ago I messaged chase about changing my slate to a freedom. I was given some automated message about my account not being eligible. I asked why and they said it was something about complying with federal law. I just replied back that that was disappointing. They then said they would escalate my request and get back to me. I got a letter today saying I could call the number on the back of my card and they could offer me an alternative to applying for a new freedom. I did. The response? That I was not eligible for a PC since I still have until august with my promotional rate. I asked her about the alternative to applying for a new card and her response was the alternative is applying for a new card. It sounded so stupid. I really irritated me. It was a big waste of time since they could have told me this in the first message and I would have left it alone. Well at least I know a reason now. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: chase is irritating...

@E150GT wrote:

A week ago I messaged chase about changing my slate to a freedom. I was given some automated message about my account not being eligible. I asked why and they said it was something about complying with federal law. I just replied back that that was disappointing. They then said they would escalate my request and get back to me. I got a letter today saying I could call the number on the back of my card and they could offer me an alternative to applying for a new freedom. I did. The response? That I was not eligible for a PC since I still have until august with my promotional rate. I asked her about the alternative to applying for a new card and her response was the alternative is applying for a new card. It sounded so stupid. I really irritated me. It was a big waste of time since they could have told me this in the first message and I would have left it alone. Well at least I know a reason now. 

How old is the slate card??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 17
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

a year

Message 3 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@E150GT wrote:

a year

Is it at least 13 months old??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 17
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

probably 12 months 

Message 5 of 17
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

So, is Chase irritating, or just this incident?  I see you have the CSP.  Has that been working out with them?

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@E150GT wrote:

probably 12 months 

I'd wait until July and try it again. Your not eligible ue to your account not being at least 13 months old.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 17
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

It's the law not chase you must wait at least 13 months for any pc
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 8 of 17
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

The official reason was the card is under an introductory rate. Otherwise they'd be happy to do it

Message 9 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Isn't EVERY bank or lender irritating at some point...Smiley Frustrated...LOL?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.