Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase question

tag
umut
Contributor

chase question

i opened chase checking and savings account todat so my question is  these two accounts are gonna help me to get approved for chase credit card

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: chase question

no they wont help at all 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

absolutely not.  If you go to your local chase they might try to get you to apply but the accs won´t help you.

Last year I had little less than $3000 on my acc and they denied me for not having sufficient credit history.

They get money everytime they make you apply. .

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@umut wrote:

i opened chase checking and savings account todat so my question is  these two accounts are gonna help me to get approved for chase credit card

Nope. Deposit account does not help getting a credit card.

Message 4 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 16
umut
Contributor

my friend she had 7000 dollars in her saving account and 2500 dollars in her checking account and one day she recieved freedom credit card without applying so thats why i asked i dont know how did happen

Message 6 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@umut wrote:

my friend she had 7000 dollars in her saving account and 2500 dollars in her checking account and one day she recieved freedom credit card without applying so thats why i asked i dont know how did happen

You mean preapproval?

Message 7 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think it helps. Definately helped me on recon.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 16
TM82
Regular Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

absolutely not.  If you go to your local chase they might try to get you to apply but the accs won´t help you.

Last year I had little less than $3000 on my acc and they denied me for not having sufficient credit history.

They get money everytime they make you apply. .

That is completely false, they do not receive money if you simply apply, you have to be approved and use the card. It helps if you have a certain balance in the accounts and in certain borderline cases being an existing Chase customer with deposit accounts will help, ut it's not like if you have a 580 credit score it will help out.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 9 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase and BOFA are both starting to reward customer loyalty, and that includes even basic checking accounts held for a while.  Both are reaching down further in the credit strata trying to attract more customers as well.

I'd plead for everyone on this forum to pay attention to trends, rather than simply quoting conventional wisdom that is so last decade.

        
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.