Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase recon, score!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase recon, score!

i asked for a cli to upgrade my bp store to bp visa and was shot down (even took a hard). well i got the rejection letter yesterday i called first thing this morning and after talking with the csr. conversation went something like.

her: how long have you had credit, 5 years oldest account huh. limits kind of in line w/the bp card already. also, you've opened up several accounts in the past year.
me: what, sure but we had cards years ago. they most likely fell off because they it's been over 10 years since we closed them. also, my limits are much higher on several new accounts. as for the new accounts, some of those are auto refi and i'm also culling out some of my rebuilder cards w/prime issuers.
her: no accounts don't fall off (iwasn't going to argue w/her). were they in your name or your wife's?
me: i have no idea, most likely hers (THANK YOU FICO '08, i suspect).
her: well, did you ever file bk.
me: yes, but almost 20 years ago.
her: well, you have had a 5k visa over a year now. i'll approve the 300 cli and you can upgrade to the bp rewards visa (non signature, what ever that means).

so in short not a huge cl, but a move upward!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase recon, score!

Good for you dmn! Hey, a $300 cli only adds to you total cl, helping your utils. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks sylviatob, really wasn't about the bunp. i haven't used the card since july, all the close bp's are shut down. i didn't want to worry about making special trips to keep it open.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand. I'm in Texas and I don't think they even HAVE BP stations down here.

If they do they are so few and far between I've never even seen one.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll definitely be needing that limit increase with the gas prices are going.

Pass some of that BP card my way.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to be ungratefull to chase (or you), but 500 really isn't enough to share these days.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe America should just convert to the Euro.  Wouldn't that fix everything?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

it would at least keep the guys in the blue helmets and black helicopters from having to do exchange rate math.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys all share my sense of humor.  I love that.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.