cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase saphire recon.

tag
Vanessakk

chase saphire recon.

I got a chase freedom 3 months ago with a limit of $3500 and use it as my everyday card. Today I noticed i've been almost maxing it out every month and paying it off. As I read in this forum, sometimes its easier to apply for another one than to get a CLI from Chase, so after hiding from my husband, I decided to app for Chase Saphire, got the 7-10 day notice and called recon right away, he went through my credit and notice a foreclosure and a collection wich is due to fall off in July of this year, he was not buying it so denied me again. Of course I was not going to sleep without a second recon and called again, this time a nice lady answered and I went ahead and explained about the previous denial, she put me on hold for about 2 minutes and "Congratulations,  I was able to overturn your application and you are approved with a 5000 cl". This is my highest limit! If you get denied, call as many times as you can, eventually they will get tired of you and approve it! Now I can tell my husband Smiley Happy

photo 378dbf30-2e9b-4977-aeb5-b56bab516825_zps3506e63c.jpg$5000  photo 91515d86-3247-4735-a828-9e37aa4c4329_zpsb38ec168.jpg$3500  photo f26042c5-5545-48fb-960f-85c54b7c6f26_zps5cfbf291.jpgNPSL  photo 49f2d3bc-0f6f-4066-b5ac-37f2996054a3_zps2a154a3c.jpg$3500  photo 6608375f-b4d5-4479-91c0-643963730d96_zps65e62c9f.jpg$3000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: chase saphire recon.

@Vanessakk wrote:

I got a chase freedom 3 months ago with a limit of $3500 and use it as my everyday card. Today I noticed i've been almost maxing it out every month and paying it off. As I read in this forum, sometimes its easier to apply for another one than to get a CLI from Chase, so after hiding from my husband, I decided to app for Chase Saphire, got the 7-10 day notice and called recon right away, he went through my credit and notice a foreclosure and a collection wich is due to fall off in July of this year, he was not buying it so denied me again. Of course I was not going to sleep without a second recon and called again, this time a nice lady answered and I went ahead and explained about the previous denial, she put me on hold for about 2 minutes and "Congratulations,  I was able to overturn your application and you are approved with a 5000 cl". This is my highest limit! If you get denied, call as many times as you can, eventually they will get tired of you and approve it! Now I can tell my husband Smiley Happy

Congrats recon pays off again yes yes yes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!
Chase is great with recons, but bad with clis! Lol :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Oh man congrats
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Vanessakk wrote:

so after hiding from my husband, I decided to app for Chase Saphire :::::    lol

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Way to go! Congrats! Your persistence paid off. Sometimes it takes a nice recon rep to understand your situation while others simply don't care and flat out deny you. Smiley Happy 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Vanessakk wrote:

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous @ call back until they get tired of you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Vanessakk wrote:

Nice going!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.