Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase sapphire preferred CLI

tag
st2
Valued Member

chase sapphire preferred CLI

I was recently acpproved for the chase sapphire preferred account with a credit limit of $5000 . I have not recieved the card yet but im willing for more credit limit. It says on the application once you recieve your card you can discuss more options with CSR if you want additional credit. has anyone gone thorugh this? how can i avoid another HP . They already HP my Experian and my Equafix reports. I called yesterday the backdoor number but they told me i need to contact a CSR and they need to HP my credit one more time , this is kinda rediculus since they already pulled my credit yesterday. what should i do ? anyone has gone through this? please help 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: chase sapphire preferred CLI

Chase can be a tough one to crack for a cli. Your better off applying for another card get the sign up bonus then close the card and move the limit over
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I think everyone who gets the CSP also gets told, if you need a bigger credit limit, let us know.    It sounds nice, but will always require a HP.   If they really wanted to give you a bigger CL without, they could have done so in the first place.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think everyone who gets the CSP also gets told, if you need a bigger credit limit, let us know.    It sounds nice, but will always require a HP.   If they really wanted to give you a bigger CL without, they could have done so in the first place.

Right.  Otherwise OP, if you really want that CLI, then be prepared for a HP.  That's just how Chase works.

Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1 I think it would be a mistake to try for a CLI right after approval. Unless your credit profile has changed drastically since approval (doubtful) I'm not sure why Chase would be inclined to give you more credit than they just gave you. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@st2 wrote:

I was recently acpproved for the chase sapphire preferred account with a credit limit of $5000 . I have not recieved the card yet but im willing for more credit limit. It says on the application once you recieve your card you can discuss more options with CSR if you want additional credit. has anyone gone thorugh this? how can i avoid another HP . They already HP my Experian and my Equafix reports. I called yesterday the backdoor number but they told me i need to contact a CSR and they need to HP my credit one more time , this is kinda rediculus since they already pulled my credit yesterday. what should i do ? anyone has gone through this? please help 

Time makes all difference, your approval was boarderline based on the 5k limit, its the minimum allowed, if you weren't boarderline they would of approved with a higher number, use the card, pay for the card, perhaps use it hard, and PIF, perhaps after a couple weeks you could try to exceed your limit and PIF if you really need an increased limit. but it will be a HP unless they give you an auto-cli 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@st2 wrote:

has anyone gone thorugh this?

Some have but Chase isn't known for granting CLI's so I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for one.  I'd agree that if they only approved you for $5K then your are slim to none to begin with.  If they were comfortable with granting you more they would have done so in the first place.  Build, work on your credit and then request the CLI is what I'd suggest.

@st2 wrote:

how can i avoid another HP .

Don't request the CLI.  You have to determine which is the bigger priority for you: getting the CLI or avoiding the HP.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1 I think it would be a mistake to try for a CLI right after approval. Unless your credit profile has changed drastically since approval (doubtful) I'm not sure why Chase would be inclined to give you more credit than they just gave you. 

+1

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.