Did you mean: 

chase sapphire preferred got message to call

tag
ashi1989
Established Member

chase sapphire preferred got message to call

Hi

Today i applied to capital one quicksilver and got instant approval for 10k

later on i applied for chase sapphire preferred and i received a message to call them as soon as possible for some information verification 

i have only 2 inquiries and does anyone knows what is there question? 

thanks 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: chase sapphire preferred got message to call

They probably want you to verify your information/identity. It happens sometimes, nothing to worry about.

Message 2 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@ashi1989 wrote:

Hi

Today i applied to capital one quicksilver and got instant approval for 10k

later on i applied for chase sapphire preferred and i received a message to call them as soon as possible for some information verification 

i have only 2 inquiries and does anyone knows what is there question? 

thanks 

This. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 12
Josh2942
Established Contributor

most likely an approval

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 4 of 12
ashi1989
Established Member

thats what i was thinking to some identity veryfication right. i dont think that i will be denied my fico score is 740 

its just i always having hard time talking with the banks 

Message 5 of 12
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Chase has a very friendly fraud department. Don't worry they will ask you questions based on your report
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 6 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Happens to me with all Chase apps.... it is for verification. On first app I had to answer questions from my credit report and on card # 2 and 3 it was questions about my other cards like last payment amount, CL, statement dates or due dates, last statement balance, etc... similar to that. When I call I am logged in to my account as these questions I could not answer without looking/peaking  at my account Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
ashi1989
Established Member

So i need to remember everything from my credit creport to not mess up with application.

if i will get approved for this card can i apply right away for another chase or should wait couple month ?

Message 8 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ashi1989 wrote:

So i need to remember everything from my credit creport to not mess up with application.

if i will get approved for this card can i apply right away for another chase or should wait couple month ?

Well it is multiple choice questions from your credit report so that helps... asks for name, addresses and stuff you should remember. My favorite is the counties where I really have to pay attention because I used some addresses only for mailing purposes and then the county is something you hardly ever use.

I did mess up verification for DCU with the question when the building was built to my present address...this was such a stupid question that I honestly doubt I could have answered if I owned the building but I am renting. So how the heck shall a tenant know this question?  DCU asked me to find out and I said no thanks I am not interested to know the answer to this silly question. I asked them to remove my HP and let it be.  Chase program made a whole lot more sense to me.

Is this your first Chase card?  I know many here will not agree with my answer to another Chase app. For me I would never do it and wait another 6 months but that is me and I also do not like the sprees.  I made a terrible experience on my first and only spree ...ended up with 22,99% APR on my Freedom as card #4 in my spree  and first Chase card with Fico of 790 but Chase used their internal scoring and this was 691 only. (thin file and 4 recent inq)   For me lesson learnt and slowly adding my cards with at least 6 months gap inbetween and max of 2 cards different lender and different CRAs

Good luck with your app(s) Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
ashi1989
Established Member

yeah this is my first application with Chase. so if they ask me such stupid question i will definetly not know that but i have only 3 cards on my report and 2 different address 

so i mean this is stupid if i don't know the answer. but if they deny me with saying they didn't verify me i can ask them to remove the inquire? and then i can't apply for any other chase in next 6 month ?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.