Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase sapphire product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase sapphire product change

I'm an ex-wamu customer with a chase card now. I really like the sapphire card. Do you think id have a chance at a product change? My limit is 5k, 4k balance. I'm not sure if that matters, I dont want a CLI.  My account was reviewed in july and not closed like a few others i heard about.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase sapphire product change

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm an ex-wamu customer with a chase card now. I really like the sapphire card. Do you think id have a chance at a product change? My limit is 5k, 4k balance. I'm not sure if that matters, I dont want a CLI.  My account was reviewed in july and not closed like a few others i heard about.

Chase has been pretty quirky lately, especially with ex-WAMU cardholders.  The fact that you had no AA to date is great.  IMO, I'd try to stay under the radar,especially with an 80% UTIL.  The Sapphire card is not that great.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did suspend my card until I called in with HHI. It was around july 7th. But chase has been quirky....... I just dont see how someone could be denied a prod change. I get no rewards with the card I have now.

Message 3 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They did suspend my card until I called in with HHI. It was around july 7th. But chase has been quirky....... I just dont see how someone could be denied a prod change. I get no rewards with the card I have now.

Chase has explicitly stated (recently) the WaMu cards are not eligible for PC.

That would never stop me from pursuing a PC if I wanted it. I have not messed with my Providian -> WaMu -> Chase card other that getting the AF waived preferring to FUTR.

I certainly am not rocking the boat for Sapphire.

Message 4 of 13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a Wamu now Chase refugee and have a zero balance and high FICO scores with no AA yet and was told on two seperate occasions by two CSRs at Chase that they were not doing product changes about 2 or 3 months ago. YMMV

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't understand chase. I dont want a bigger limit........ I just want rewards for what a spend...

I dont see whats the big deal. Why can't they just switch ther card? 

Message 6 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i don't understand chase. I dont want a bigger limit........ I just want rewards for what a spend...

Because it is their sandbox and they don't want to! Beyond that it is pretty small minded. It is Chase - did you expect much else?

Message 7 of 13
Macroman
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't make sense but as was said it is their sandbox. Why not just apply for Sapphire if you really want it?
Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I would love to have any other Chase product that the one I have. That doesn't mean I am about to app with them for anything. There is a world of difference between a fresh app and a PC. Chase knows this and doesn't really give a hoot about what it means to us mere mortal cardholders!
Message 9 of 13
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Good reason to stay away.Do you need another?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.