Regular Contributor

chase sapphire product change

I'm an ex-wamu customer with a chase card now. I really like the sapphire card. Do you think id have a chance at a product change? My limit is 5k, 4k balance. I'm not sure if that matters, I dont want a CLI.  My account was reviewed in july and not closed like a few others i heard about.
Frequent Contributor

Re: chase sapphire product change

turbowrx wrote:
I'm an ex-wamu customer with a chase card now. I really like the sapphire card. Do you think id have a chance at a product change? My limit is 5k, 4k balance. I'm not sure if that matters, I dont want a CLI.  My account was reviewed in july and not closed like a few others i heard about.

Chase has been pretty quirky lately, especially with ex-WAMU cardholders.  The fact that you had no AA to date is great.  IMO, I'd try to stay under the radar,especially with an 80% UTIL.  The Sapphire card is not that great.

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Regular Contributor

They did suspend my card until I called in with HHI. It was around july 7th. But chase has been quirky....... I just dont see how someone could be denied a prod change. I get no rewards with the card I have now.

Senior Contributor

turbowrx wrote:

They did suspend my card until I called in with HHI. It was around july 7th. But chase has been quirky....... I just dont see how someone could be denied a prod change. I get no rewards with the card I have now.

Chase has explicitly stated (recently) the WaMu cards are not eligible for PC.

That would never stop me from pursuing a PC if I wanted it. I have not messed with my Providian -> WaMu -> Chase card other that getting the AF waived preferring to FUTR.

I certainly am not rocking the boat for Sapphire.

Established Contributor

turbowrx wrote:

I am a Wamu now Chase refugee and have a zero balance and high FICO scores with no AA yet and was told on two seperate occasions by two CSRs at Chase that they were not doing product changes about 2 or 3 months ago. YMMV

Regular Contributor

i don't understand chase. I dont want a bigger limit........ I just want rewards for what a spend...

I dont see whats the big deal. Why can't they just switch ther card? 

Senior Contributor

turbowrx wrote:

i don't understand chase. I dont want a bigger limit........ I just want rewards for what a spend...

Because it is their sandbox and they don't want to! Beyond that it is pretty small minded. It is Chase - did you expect much else?

Regular Contributor

turbowrx wrote:

It doesn't make sense but as was said it is their sandbox. Why not just apply for Sapphire if you really want it?
Senior Contributor

I would love to have any other Chase product that the one I have. That doesn't mean I am about to app with them for anything. There is a world of difference between a fresh app and a PC. Chase knows this and doesn't really give a hoot about what it means to us mere mortal cardholders!
Regular Contributor

Good reason to stay away.Do you need another?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.