Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase sapphire product change

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: chase sapphire product change

@Macroman wrote:
Good reason to stay away.Do you need another?

"Staying away" isn't a choice when you are already "in". It's not my fault that my indenture was "sold" to them.

(Sold is in quotes because Chase didn't actually pay for the WaMu CC portfolio - it was given to them.)

Message 11 of 13
SDAnder

I had a couple of WAMU cards that converted to Chase.  I combined the cards into one, then just this past week inquired about trading the current card for a Chase Sapphire.  They said no problem and that my card should arrive in about five business days.  Now I have average credit (660-715 depending on the month and CRA), moderate utilization (50%), and pay about 7x the minimum each month.  But I'm also considered high income (well above the $120K floor to qualify for the Sapphire Card).

You can always send Chase a message via their CC site and see what they say.  That's what I did--no hard pull so I'm pleased with the result.  YMMV.

Starting Score: EQ 609 TU 603 EX 643
Current Score: EQ 740 TU 701 EX 709
Goal Score: EQ 750 TU 720 EX 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I called Chase a couple of months ago. I'm sitting with a former WaMu card with a $15k limit that I don't use because it has no rewards. I asked if they would change me to a rewards card.

They said yes, but that they would have to charge me $29. I have other rewards cards, so I told them no. Told them I didn't need to pay for rewards (likely a short-sighted answer on my part). My Chase card is securely in my SD. They haven't touched the CL yet, but I use it only enough to keep it alive. I expect every time I log in to see a CLD, but it hasn't happened yet. That is why I applied for PenFed and asked AmEx for a CLI. I keep expecting Chase to say bye, bye to me.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.