Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase second chance approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase second chance approval

Does chase give a second chance if you already messed with them?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: chase second chance approval

Depends on the severity of what the "messed with them" was.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 2000 credit card in 2004 that went to public record
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not in my report anymore
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said it went to public record, does that mean they sued you and got a court judgment against you? Or did you file bankruptcy?

Message 5 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Chase has a very long memory and if even though it's not on your report, they remember whatever we do that involves them.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They "remembered" a 2k WAMU card that went to collections in 2006 for me and denied my AARP app for it last summer. However, i am now getting CSP and Freedom on their prequal so maybe they've finally forgiven me. 10 years is quite a while.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never file bankruptcy. They sue me a got court judgement against me 10 years ago.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I never file bankruptcy. They sue me a got court judgement against me 10 years ago.

Did you pay it? I've heard of Chase letting people back in after they burned them, but Chase doesn't forget. Might be a little easier to get back in if you paid what you owed previously. Have you tried their prequalifier on their website?

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
Chase has a very long memory and if even though it's not on your report, they remember whatever we do that involves them.

Exactly - memory of an elephant!  OP, regardless if it falls off your CRs, Chase still keeps internal records.  And, if you didn't pay it, then the odds are not stacked in your favor.  If you elected to PIF then I'm sure at some point there's a possibility they *might* let you back in but it's all YEMV.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.