Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase slate 0% transfer...lies

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase slate 0% transfer...lies

Although it states it when you apply, but if you don't "qualify" then you get stuck with a meh BT card, when there are probably better ones out there that give you rewards and if you choose to do a BT and use it as that type of card they have offers.. What is the point of this card without the 60 day "guranteed" BT?  Seems like other cards give you more benefits overall?

Message 11 of 15
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Skye12329 wrote:
So I processed another BT onto my slate. However I noticed it was going to charge me a $15 balance transfer fee. I asked chase about this because my card isnt 60 days old yet. But chase responded saying to provide proof of that offer. Of which I do blame myself because I dont think I have the papers anymore and yes it is only $15 but it's just the principal to me. Like dont offer if it's not going to be withheld :/

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Applied for 0% BT fee Slate card, approved, and charged the BT fee anyway. I've been absolutely furious with them. I called Slate CS and talked to a supervisor, called the EO multiple times, filed a dispute with the CFPB, and they still did nothing.

Message 12 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

You can look at this as the obvious bait-N-switch. To play devils advocate: how many people are actually looking into doing more than one BT in two months? I don't think that's the norm. Usually people take advantage of such offers to take their time paying it down, so won't have crazy credit left to do other BTs, especially if they're following the utilization game. Think Chase banks on you doing one in those 60 days even though they invite you to do otherwise.
Message 13 of 15
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This happened to another person a few weeks back as well, simililar thing.  They charged the BT fee..  What BS

This is standard on all new slate accounts for the first 60 days is it not??  Otherwise what is the point of this card!

Yes. And it's 60 days from account approval, not when you got the card. And the transfer must be completed within those 60 days, not requested within the 60 days but completed thereafter.

Same is true of all bonus offers, usually - within period from approval and completed/posted prior to period ending.

Message 14 of 15
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Was charged a fee with the second BT done within a 60 day period. I just let it go and paid the fee. 

This was the screen shot of my approval. 

CApproved.png

Did the BT complete/post to your account within the 60 day period, given the 60 day period is from account approval/opening? You can't just request it within that period. It must actually post.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.