Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase slate 0% transfer...lies

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

chase slate 0% transfer...lies

So I processed another BT onto my slate. However I noticed it was going to charge me a $15 balance transfer fee. I asked chase about this because my card isnt 60 days old yet. But chase responded saying to provide proof of that offer. Of which I do blame myself because I dont think I have the papers anymore and yes it is only $15 but it's just the principal to me. Like dont offer if it's not going to be withheld :/
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase slate 0% transfer...lies

Got to love them, anything to stuff the consumer and fill their coffers, sorry to hear they nailed you.

Message 2 of 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Its fine like I said it's my fault for not keeping the papers or taking a screen shot but theirs too For even offering it. I mean isnt that the regular offer for all new slate accounts?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

This happened to another person a few weeks back as well, simililar thing.  They charged the BT fee..  What BS

This is standard on all new slate accounts for the first 60 days is it not??  Otherwise what is the point of this card!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:
So I processed another BT onto my slate. However I noticed it was going to charge me a $15 balance transfer fee. I asked chase about this because my card isnt 60 days old yet. But chase responded saying to provide proof of that offer. Of which I do blame myself because I dont think I have the papers anymore and yes it is only $15 but it's just the principal to me. Like dont offer if it's not going to be withheld :/

Pretty sure you can get that removed. Just take a screenshot of the standard slate offer. If it is worth your time for $15 of course. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The terms of the offer you apply for and the terms of the card you get are not always the same. You should always read the fine print in the official paperwork they mail over before doing any BT. Worse than BT fee, its not uncommon for people to BT thinking they got a 0% intro APR offer per the terms of the card they apply for only to find out late their APR is the regular rate of 1X-2X% because the terms of the card they received did not include the 0% intro APR offer. Basically, you are not guaranteed to receive the terms of the card you apply for. Sometimes you don't qualify for the special offer and get the card without the offer. The disclaimer stating this is also in the fineprint. 

Message 6 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Send them a message on twitter or facebook. It'll end up being taken care of in one message. Smiley Tongue They're good about that. Not worth it for them to lose a customer over a $15 fee. 

Message 7 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The terms of the offer you apply for and the terms of the card you get are not always the same. You should always read the fine print in the official paperwork they mail over before doing any BT. Worse than BT fee, its not uncommon for people to BT thinking they got a 0% intro APR offer per the terms of the card they apply for only to find out late their APR is the regular rate of 1X-2X% because the terms of the card they received did not include the 0% intro APR offer. Basically, you are not guaranteed to receive the terms of the card you apply for. Sometimes you don't qualify for the special offer and get the card without the offer. The disclaimer stating this is also in the fineprint. 

Right.  OP - you should have received your cardmember agreement and the disclosures (via snail mail) which clearly spells out any terms of the offer when you were approved. 

Message 8 of 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That could be, i did find my T&C in my safe. It doesnt say anything about the 0% BT fees. It does mention 15 months of no interest though. However i could have sworn on the website when it approved me it said 60 days of no fees. I know my 1st BT didnt charge me a fee. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 9 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Was charged a fee with the second BT done within a 60 day period. I just let it go and paid the fee. 

This was the screen shot of my approval. 

CApproved.png

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.