Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase slate

I'm rebuilding my credit and I now have credit score 686 - 673.  My mom added me as authorized user to her chase slate with cl of $25,000.  Will this help bump up my credit score? They did not request my ss when they added me on.  Thanks to anyone who can help answer.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: chase slate

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm rebuilding my credit and I now have credit score 686 - 673.  My mom added me as authorized user to her chase slate with cl of $25,000.  Will this help bump up my credit score? They did not request my ss when they added me on.  Thanks to anyone who can help answer.

That depends on different factors.

1. Will it add history to your Credit Report?

2. Will it lower your UTIL?

3. Has the account been current and no negative activity on it?

They do not need a SS# to report and put on your Credit Reports.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

To add one more thing to what JM-AM said not all credit card issuers will report AU's to the CRA's. I believe Chase will but you might ask them to be sure.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can ask chase and make sure they report the card on your account. Also make sure it reports the credit limit on the credit report.

Message 4 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I'm an AU on the Chase Amazon card and they report with no problems for me.
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.  Your posts are very helpful!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.