Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase to come out with secured cc

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

chase to come out with secured cc

Has anyone heard about this? A good friend of mine works at chase and was telling me about them launching a secured card this year. Not really any interest to me now being I already have 3 secured cards and there is no need for another
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase to come out with secured cc

@rootpooty wrote:
Has anyone heard about this? A good friend of mine works at chase and was telling me about them launching a secured card this year. Not really any interest to me now being I already have 3 secured cards and there is no need for another

Heh, I was actually looking today of all things to see if Chase offered a secured card, but of course didn't find one.  It was a little surprising to me actually, as virtually all mainline banks that I'm aware of will do a secured credit line of that type.

Like you it probably doesn't really matter in my situation currently: fairly certain I can get my credit up enough over the course of 18 months with my current tradelines that I won't have to worry about applying for future secured cards.

        
Message 2 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Heh, I was actually looking today of all things to see if Chase offered a secured card, but of course didn't find one.  It was a little surprising to me actually, as virtually all mainline banks that I'm aware of will do a secured credit line of that type.

Like you it probably doesn't really matter in my situation currently: fairly certain I can get my credit up enough over the course of 18 months with my current tradelines that I won't have to worry about applying for future secured cards.

I haven't heard anything. They used to offer secured card when they were Chase Manhattan USA. 

Ron.

Message 3 of 8
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I knew they offered something secured back then. I've been banking with them for 3 years now so when I got serious into building my credit I realized they didn't offer a secured cc
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 4 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Have you tried US Bank, USAA secured card? They're both good secured card.

Ron.

Message 5 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

That's a good sign for things to come in the credit/banking world I hope.

Message 6 of 8
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

No I already have 3 secured cards see my sig. I first looked at usaa and liked what I saw until the whole 2 yr cd thing and went with bofa and NFCU instead

Message 7 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
No I already have 3 secured cards see my sig. I first looked at usaa and liked what I saw until the whole 2 yr cd thing and went with bofa and NFCU instead

My brother is looking at US Bank Harley Davidson secured Visa. After a year, they offered an unsecured Visa after a year of good payment history.

Ron.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.