Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase two years 5 new account denial policy

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: chase two years 5 new account denial policy

So, basically, apply for the CSP first, then feel free to go crazy on the rest.  

Got it!

Message 21 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@elim wrote:

All I know is my Chase pre-quals are non-existent since this policy showed up,  yuk.   I want a couple more Chase cards this round.   :[

Anyone getting pre-quals and still denied due to 5acc/2yrs ?

ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Looks-like-Chase-may-have-a-30-day-application-max...

ADD 3 CHASE cards over the last 30 days.  

Those approvals were all cobranded cards which don't appear to be subject to this policy.

You're definitely right.   I was not going To apply for ANY  brand cards at all that bear look pretty big and after going to verification that can change a man.

Message 22 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

Sounds about right.   Now Go and apply? 

Message 23 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I was denied. The denial reason more than 5 accounts in 2 years. Called to recon. She looked at my report and said, I can't recon this because you have more than 5 new accounts within 2 years.

Eta I spoke to a csr about that before I even applied. He said no such rule. Lol

Wow, 5 accounts in 2 years?  There are stretches when I rack up 5 accounts in 2 months.

Can you imagine the UW shock whenI tried to recon the Southwest card several months back....." oh, um.....Pizza....(sighs)....wow, Id like to help you here but, 22new accts in the last um, 6 months, Im afraid I cant do anything here."...LMAO!!!  My response to that was...:yes sir, I realize that, but I was aggressively rebuilding from my BK. My util is only 1%".. 

It was a good learning experience for us both, LOL Smiley Happy  He wanted to approved me SOOOO badly, I know he did, because he said..."gosh...If you had applied for the Freedom, I might be able to overlook that, since the limit can start at $300, but you applied for the SW, and the min is $2k.  I just cant do that right now. We need to see some age from all these accts..."...

So..Im gardening for 2 yrs, and Im trying for the freedomSmiley Happy hahahah

Message 24 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

When good promos come along, absolutely!

Message 25 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

So what kind of cards are you looking to get? 

Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

Don't forget the freedom. Unless you already have it. I was a part of the 100k Amex platinum train. I had to do some maneuvering to make it happen. Long story short, I was approved for the CSP about three weeks ago. Was going to do the freedom in the fall. But the Amex 100k opp came up. So I app'd for the freedom. And the platinum. Was denied freedom due to just getting the CSP. So I opened the freedom by shifting all limit from my useless Amazon chase card, got the freedom and the platinum! Now I don't have to worry about this stupid rule. 

Message 27 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

Given their new policy, I'd start with the 40K CSP, since it's been 24 months from the last one.  After that, I'm hoping for another 50K+ Marriott and/or 50K+ BA promos. Maybe another Ink Plus, if there's another 60K promo.

Message 28 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

Don't forget the freedom. Unless you already have it. I was a part of the 100k Amex platinum train. I had to do some maneuvering to make it happen. Long story short, I was approved for the CSP about three weeks ago. Was going to do the freedom in the fall. But the Amex 100k opp came up. So I app'd for the freedom. And the platinum. Was denied freedom due to just getting the CSP. So I opened the freedom by shifting all limit from my useless Amazon chase card, got the freedom and the platinum! Now I don't have to worry about this stupid rule. 

Already have the Freedom, but no CSP.  Closed it several years ago to being the clock ticking for when I'd qualify for another bonus.

Message 29 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Got it!

Given their new policy, I'd start with the 40K CSP, since it's been 24 months from the last one.  After that, I'm hoping for another 50K+ Marriott and/or 50K+ BA promos. Maybe another Ink Plus, if there's another 60K promo.

Here's the link for the Marriott if you  apply call them up and say hey can you order this offer  https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/naep80p/promo

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.