cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check your credit report HSBC card holders!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

check your credit report HSBC card holders!!!!

called about an OVER LINE of Credit report that they tagged to my report  just today and they said it was done in error...and that  its a worldwide error.

many of their customers  got tagged with the "potentially negative" mark on their report.

the rep said that it will be taken care of......  i hope so

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: check your credit report HSBC card holders!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

called about an OVER LINE of Credit report that they tagged to my report  just today and they said it was done in error...and that  its a worldwide error.

many of their customers  got tagged with the "potentially negative" mark on their report.

the rep said that it will be taken care of......  i hope so

Looks almost like they accidentally trunkated the Credit Line to two digits.  My CL is 2,050 and it says my limit is 20.  Somebody else posted the same thing.

Message 2 of 16
notw1031
New Contributor

My wife and I had no balance on our cards and just checked EXP and they are completely gone from our reports. Made my wife's score go down 4 points, made mine go down 38 points. Do you think something is wrong with their system? It is so weird.

Message 3 of 16
andre181
Established Contributor

Are these real (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) HSBC credit cards, or HSBC retail cards?

Edit: I just checked my EX, and my Younkers HSBC retail card is reporting fine so far.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 16
mcap1263
Established Member

Same here both accts lowered limits made my score drop by 30.  Call they say they are working on it?

Message 5 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

This may affect everyone since HSBC is known to report everyone the begining ofeach month base on the last day of the month, whenm I checked this morning usaa report did not have hsbc updated so I will have to wait til tomorrow, I will repost than

Message 6 of 16
notw1031
New Contributor

Mine is an HSBC Mastercard credit card.

Message 7 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My closed Orchard disappeared from EX today. It shouldn't affect FICO because the age was slightly younger than my AAoA on EX.

Hmmmmm....just checked DW's: both her HSBC CC and her HSBC/Best Buy MC disappeared, and both are current and open. Online account mgmt showed no issues.

ETA....we also both have/had the HSBC Discover. That still reports. I also have the BB store and that still reports.

Message 8 of 16
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Call 1- 866 551 0258. Credit Dept. Mine was missing as well, was given that number, told it should be a couple of days
Message 9 of 16
lsutigers03
Valued Member

My Best Buy card is through HSBC and everything is correct as of my latest report which was last week.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.