Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheveron card

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

cheveron card

just got a preapproval in the mail is this card worth it is the 10. a gallon really worth the benefits of the card

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: cheveron card

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

just got a preapproval in the mail is this card worth it is the 10. a gallon really worth the benefits of the card

No.  If you have other reward cards ie SallieMae, BCE/BCP, you'll get a more bang for your buck. 

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

depends what your credit is like and if you go to Chevron.

Message 3 of 7
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

only if you PIF each month. APR is 26.99%

Message 4 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Its pretty worthless in rewards but excellent card when building credit or just to have card that CL keeps growing.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Its pretty worthless in rewards but excellent card when building credit or just to have card that CL keeps growing.

the chevron and the 76 card are good AT LEAST during the .10 cent promo period and then depending if you have a 5% cash back on gas purchase card when it drops down to .5 cents it might not be as good but for me here in CA the 76 card is still better then my credit cards because the stations I use (not all of them do it but at least half I have found offer the "CASH" price per gallon with use of the 76 card and I get an additional .5c off a gallon if I get more than 45 gallons a month so the savings is usually over .15 cents per gallon which I can't match on any of my credit cards... now if I didn't get cash price and just got the .5c off, then my other cash back cards at 3% or 5% rotating would be better.

I think it would be useful if we knew what OP currently has for cards... you only have a cap1 secured card then I'm going to say YES take the offer for chevron but if you are carrying an Amex Black then you don't need a chevron gas card!!!

Message 6 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

the chevron and the 76 card are good AT LEAST during the .10 cent promo period and then depending if you have a 5% cash back on gas purchase card when it drops down to .5 cents it might not be as good but for me here in CA the 76 card is still better then my credit cards because the stations I use (not all of them do it but at least half I have found offer the "CASH" price per gallon with use of the 76 card and I get an additional .5c off a gallon if I get more than 45 gallons a month so the savings is usually over .15 cents per gallon which I can't match on any of my credit cards... now if I didn't get cash price and just got the .5c off, then my other cash back cards at 3% or 5% rotating would be better.

I think it would be useful if we knew what OP currently has for cards... you only have a cap1 secured card then I'm going to say YES take the offer for chevron but if you are carrying an Amex Black then you don't need a chevron gas card!!!

hahha yes thats what I say when looking at these cards. I find 76 CC way better than chevron.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.