Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circuit city converts to Chase visa.

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

circuit city converts to Chase visa.

Well I called Chase today to ask what is going to happen to my Circuit City cc? I opened the account in August of 08. I have a $1000.00 limit on the store card. The lady told me that some cards were going to be closed and that some were going to be converted to Visa. She told me that my account was flagged to be converted to the non-signature Visa. (I don't know the difference between non-signature and signature, maybe someone can chime in on that one.) I asked if it would be a hard pull and she said, no pull at all. It was already set to go through. I actually had to apologize to her for my skepticism, I mean I only really have an Orchard card. Anyway, I thought I would share my experiance. I will truly only believe it when the card is in my hand in 7 to 10 days.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: circuit city converts to Chase visa.

non signature is what you want is usually for cards under 5k. signature chase cards also don't report CL.

congrats on the upgrade to a visa! 

Message 2 of 16
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

thank you creditaddict, its my first foray into prime in many years. (is it prime?) Does anyone have any experiance with Chase? Will this card grow with me? Thanks.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 3 of 16
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 4 of 16
Roxlie
Contributor

Hi dizbuster,

What number did you call to do this?  Was it the number on the back of your card?  I am also wondering whats going to happen with my Circuit City card.

Thanks

Message 5 of 16
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Hi Roxlie,

The number was 1-800-603-8997. I used the number from their website. There is a link you can go to for FAQ and it will bring you to questions for CC acount holders. I believe it is a PDF file with information for cc holders and contact info for Chase. Hope this helps.

Dizbuster

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@specultr wrote:
Chase is not only prime, it may be the sole survivor of the banking crisis. Their CEO states that Chase can pass the government "stress test" as far as solvency is concerned.

That's true.

There is an interesting article in the Time magazine about how healthy Chase in comparison to others is.

Good for me, since I have all my accounts and credit cards with Chase.

Anyways,

I had a Circuit City Visa, called them several times before and they always denied a product change.

2 days ago they finally agreed to a product change. Time to pull the card out of the drawer. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Flo on 02-25-2009 10:43 AM
Message 7 of 16
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Ken Lewis (BofA) also declared today that he believes his bank will pass the govt stress test formulas, but we all know BofA isn't far from total nationalization or "a larger government-ownership stake" (or whatever Geitner wants to call it). JPMorganChase just took on a huge debt burden so you'll start seeing a lot of risk-reduction moves by Chase
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^Wow, I'm kinda glad BOA didn't approve me. They are getting hit really really hard. I only need Chase/Citi/Discover/Amex. Those are prime enough.
Message 9 of 16
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Well a small update, I pulled my TU report from this site today and my Chase Circuit City card is now reporting as Chase cc. No more mention of Circuit City. I guess I now have a Chase visa. They did keep me at the same 1000.00 credit line I had with the store card though after the CSR insisted that it would be higher. I wonder if I could call for a limit increase? Anyone have any experiance asking for a limit increase after a change of this sorts.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.