cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circuit city converts to Chase visa.

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: circuit city converts to Chase visa.

Well I just wanted to update on my CC card upgrading to CC visa. As I stated I called about a month ago and was told I would be upgraded to visa. CSR said I would recieve the card in 7-10 days. Well I waited 14 days and nothing. I then call, another csr said that they hadn't even received the cards and that it would be another week or so, she also said that I was getting a rewards card and it was probably going to be the Freedom Card. She said that was what most were getting upgraded too. I wasn't sure so I called right back and got another rep. She told me that a card was sent out weeks ago and that I should have recieved my card by now. I told her that I havn't recieved anything. She said that she would cancel the card and send a new one. She also told me that it would be the visa version of the Circuit City card. Oh well, I thought at least they didn't close me out. Well, I just recieved the card today. Circuit City visa. Same credit limit and no cash advance available. I don't know if I should ask for a cli or not. My scores are 20-30 points higher now than when I got the card. I've had it about 8 months now. Should I ask for an increase right after I just got the upgrade? Any thoughts?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase does a hard pull for CLI - if it was me, I'd save the risk for when you're sure and you can afford the inq
Message 12 of 16
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Yea I was leaning toward waiting myself. The csr said it would be a soft when I asked about a cli, but after all I've gone through so far I only trust-em as far as I can throw them and that wouldn't be very far. Smiley Happy I guess I just want to get to a Grown Up limit on one of my cards instead of these training wheel limits, you know what I mean?
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup yup - soon enough I'll be combining my chase cards to get an 8.3k CL. Will be my highest yet, as I'm still building history.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

dizbuster,

just wait a little, and then do  a product change.

Interesting would be, if you can switch to a Sony Card, and then buy a PS3 and get $300 CB, or something.

Message 15 of 16
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Yea that would be a good idea, (to bad I already have a PS3) HA HA! I was thinking maybe I would wait until summer sometime and then ask for a product change. I have a BK in 04 and a few baddies from 05 and 06 so I am kinda shocked they even upgraded me to the visa. I should just be thankful for the time being and not get to greedy. I'm just afraid it will be one of those horror stories about getting a card that would never grow. I already have one of those. Time heals all I guess.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.