Did you mean: 

citi credit card

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: citi credit card

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

don't close it, just see if you can PC it to Double Cash

Two issues with that unfortunately.  First, you cannot PC any Citi card until it's at least 12 months old.  Second, I do not believe Citi allows you to PC the Simplicity into anything.

Message 11 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mikelo22 wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

don't close it, just see if you can PC it to Double Cash

Two issues with that unfortunately.  First, you cannot PC any Citi card until it's at least 12 months old.  Second, I do not believe Citi allows you to PC the Simplicity into anything.

Correct.  Because the Simplicity CC is under a different pricing and CCA structure, it cannot be PC'd to Double Cash (even if the OP waited 12 months or the intro rate expired).

Message 12 of 17
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

+1 Mikelo22 Had the simpl. card and couldn't pc to DC but I did get CLi's about every 6mths...would give it more time,,also maybe I missed where you told the CL and terms, but in the end you do what's best for you...
Good Luck.......

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

turned down, so now my next qustion since it my newest line will affect my credit as much closing it

Closed accounts can stay on your credit profile for up to 10 years.

Sorry you were declined. If you signed up for e-statements, you should have a denial letter in your inbox tomorrow. Citibank accounts are usually eligible for CLIs every 6 months. How long has your account been open?

Message 14 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

turned down, so now my next qustion since it my newest line will affect my credit as much closing it

Closed accounts can stay on your credit profile for up to 10 years.

Sorry you were declined. If you signed up for e-statements, you should have a denial letter in your inbox tomorrow. Citibank accounts are usually eligible for CLIs every 6 months. How long has your account been open?

The OP provided this on the first post:

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for and was approved for the citi simplicy card in july, this card was my lowest starting limited ever. In six month I have not seen any love from Citi and I am thinking about closing the card. Want to know how it will hurt my credit.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 month since open, I have had a couple of balance reported, but always paid off in full
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months and 1800 cl
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.