Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi forward student card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: citi forward student card

yep. 0 late payments, always do a full payment, semi-high utilization but that's only because one textbook is like 150. but i'll be sure to call and check soon enough! thanks again for the advice!

and the mtvU card i hear is easy to get, just thought the forward would be a better choice in the long run. thanks though! 

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i got denied.... (-.-) or that's what the automated application status machine said..what should i do...and how can i argue it for them to reconsider =)

Message 12 of 35
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

dang, that sucks. Do you know what your scores are? I'm thinking of applying for that card in the near future. 

Hearing this I may opt for an easier card! Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

no i dont. but from the estimator..its at about 700-750..

but i dont know why i would have gotten denied. maybe someone can clarify later on for me..

2 years with discovercard

had authorized user cards-->removed myself recently

chase debt/savings

student loan (don't have to pay for a while)

always paid on time, in full. not a single late payment

possibilities:

high utilization of my $500 discover?..

freeze on my experian

no job? but the AHI was included for my parents so...odd..

any suggestions on how to recon this would be greatly appreciated =) 

and if i end up not being able to have it recon'd, should i apply for a different card? suggestions? or just wait it off?

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

If under 21, the law requires that you have your own independent source of income.

Before applying for cards, it is advisable to get the utility down. You could be seen as a credit risk of the cards are maxed out.

I wouldn't apply for anything else just yet. You can call the Citi backdoor number and speak to them. This will take the guessing out of the reason for the denial and perhaps they reconsider. I would imagine any bank may have trouble issuing a card in this economic climate if you don't have your own income to support the debt. 

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey raenys, do you think this still holds true if i'm 22. i guess i'll try calling later, and if this is the case argue that ive never missed a payment for the 2 years i've had my card nor any bills for the gas company when i had my apartment during undergrad? 

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i finally called them but didn't ask for a recon yet...

but they told me the reason why my application was denied was because of my total obligation to my debt. the only  debt that I could only think of is my student loans, which i haven't had to start paying for yet... 

is there any way for me to recon this and not waste the hard pull on my credit =(

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

any suggestions guys  =(

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got to take denial reasons with a grain of salt --  a lot of them are completely bogus.  If you really want the card you might as well take the second HP (if they HP on a recon) since a few inquiries really won't hurt you.

Message 19 of 35
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You've got to take denial reasons with a grain of salt --  a lot of them are completely bogus.  If you really want the card you might as well take the second HP (if they HP on a recon) since a few inquiries really won't hurt you.

The one's that really get under my skin are the ones that cite my student loans in some way. Well no **** I have student loans, this is a STUDENT credit card! All of my loans are in deferment and good standing. That just irritates me to no end.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.