Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi is somethingelse

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: citi is somethingelse

You applied for 6 cards on one day and are mad that the very last one, that can see the other inquiries, doesn't want to go there?  Itis a red flag to them.  They are something else, responsible lenders.

Message 11 of 51
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@umut wrote:
I applied last week six card and got approved five of them and got declined from citi and reason was too many inquiries so I called for recon this morning 3 times I said good morning how are u mask she even didn't bother to say anything so ignoring and I talked to supervisor she said they can't change their decision what a helpfull people I ll never ever appply or make busineess with citi again

Citi is a tough nut to crack, even with fewer inquiries than 5 (though 5 in one day is what spooked them).  Give it 6 months with no applications for anything else, and try again.  Good luck.

Message 12 of 51
umut
Contributor

Is he working for citi
Message 13 of 51
red259
Super Contributor

I don't think citi is being unreasonable. With that many apps in a short time many lenders would have an issue. It looks like someone is desperate for credit when someone applies for that much that quickly and lenders begin to think something else maybe going on in the applicants financial life. Maybe others have had different experiences but I would never apply for that many cards at once. The reason being is that by the end of the app process you are likely to get declined or get much lower limits than you would have gotten with fewer inquiries. Some people have had AA occur as a result of opening too many accounts at one time. Finally, at least for me personally I wouldn't want the headache of trying to meet the min spend requirements on six cards at once! To each their own but five cards in such a short time is pretty decent. I would be interested in knowing which cards you picked up and the CLs.
;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 51
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:
I don't think citi is being unreasonable. With that many apps in a short time many lenders would have an issue. It looks like someone is desperate for credit when someone applies for that much that quickly and lenders begin to think something else maybe going on in the applicants financial life. Maybe others have had different experiences but I would never apply for that many cards at once. The reason being is that by the end of the app process you are likely to get declined or get much lower limits than you would have gotten with fewer inquiries. Some people have had AA occur as a result of opening too many accounts at one time. Finally, at least for me personally I wouldn't want the headache of trying to meet the min spend requirements on six cards at once! To each their own but five cards in a day is pretty decent. I would be interested in knowing which cards you picked up and the CLs.

I thin you got it spot on. Applying for that much credit at once would make me think that the person is about to lose their job or needs all that credit to live off of. I had an app spree of 3 cards within a couple of days and I was worried about AA. That was when I only had 1 CC though. 

It all boils down to composite risk management and applying for 6 cards in a short period would put that individual in a high risk category. Once some time passes the OP will be approved, as long as the AAoA hasnt dropped to an unacceptable level for citi and all those cards arent close to maxed out. I would venture to say that if the OP applied with another lender they would get the same response that citi gave. 

Message 15 of 51
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good morning everyone!

Just a friendly reminder, please be respectful to all members. Personal attacks and comments will not be tolerated.

Thank you for your understanding!

09Lexie,

Community Leader
Message 16 of 51
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@umut wrote:
Is he working for citi

No one's working for Citi.  People are taking the time to try and help you. 

Message 17 of 51
Eightiron
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Good morning everyone!

Just a friendly reminder, please be respectful to all members. Personal attacks and comments will not be tolerated.

09Lexie,

Community Leader

Did I miss something?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 18 of 51
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Good morning everyone!

09Lexie,

Community Leader

Lexie to the rescue! 

Sick'em! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 51
Jungook
Regular Contributor

You guys were being awfully rude to the OP, I'm assuming flamebaiting is prohibited on this forum.

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.