Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,954
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments!! Oh and a chase fail!


ryanbush wrote:


My dads 2013 Sierra 2500HD Denali list for 66K they really don't come down that much off of list on diesels.  My moms 2012 Escalade Platinum stickered for somewhere close to 90k so it's pretty easy to get a loan for 71k for a truck even with a large down payment.

 

The only thing I see wrong with this is if you have the finances to drive car that expensive you should be paying cash not financing.  although I did finance almost 50k on my truck (2012 Sierra Denali) but it was at 0%


I know Government Motors' Escalades can get that high. I don't classify that as a truck; it's a sport utility vehicle. Sport utility vehicles can be close to or over 100 thousand. I don't see anything wrong with spending that amount of money on a vehicle. I just didn't know any truck that cost that much. As long as you can finance at zero or at  rate that is lower than what the money is earning in a bank account, I would finance it. Many people probably just do not want to give up that much money at once, though.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments!! Oh and a chase fail!

[ Edited ]

navigatethis12 wrote:

ryanbush wrote:


My dads 2013 Sierra 2500HD Denali list for 66K they really don't come down that much off of list on diesels.  My moms 2012 Escalade Platinum stickered for somewhere close to 90k so it's pretty easy to get a loan for 71k for a truck even with a large down payment.

 

The only thing I see wrong with this is if you have the finances to drive car that expensive you should be paying cash not financing.  although I did finance almost 50k on my truck (2012 Sierra Denali) but it was at 0%


I know Government Motors' Escalades can get that high. I don't classify that as a truck; it's a sport utility vehicle. Sport utility vehicles can be close to or over 100 thousand. I don't see anything wrong with spending that amount of money on a vehicle. I just didn't know any truck that cost that much. As long as you can finance at zero or at  rate that is lower than what the money is earning in a bank account, I would finance it. Many people probably just do not want to give up that much money at once, though.


While I agree with you that it is an SUV and not a truck, I would say a good majority of the people I deal with on a daily basis call their SUVs "trucks" so the OP could have been refering to his Escalade or Range rover as a "truck"

 

 

Technically the escalade, tahoe, suburban GMT 9000 platform is built on the same platform as the 1500 silverado.  It really is a SUV body on a Truck chassis, unlike a ford explorer or toyota 4 runner for example with is a unibody.  So i can still see someone refering to a tahoe or escalade as a "Truck"

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,954
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments!! Oh and a chase fail!


ryanbush wrote:


While I agree with you that it is an SUV and not a truck, I would say a good majority of the people I deal with on a daily basis call their SUVs "trucks" so the OP could have been refering to his Escalade or Range rover as a "truck"

 

 

Technically the escalade, tahoe, suburban GMT 9000 platform is built on the same platform as the 1500 silverado.  It really is a SUV body on a Truck chassis, unlike a ford explorer or toyota 4 runner for example with is a unibody.  So i can still see someone refering to a tahoe or escalade as a "Truck"


I understand and know I am in the minority with referring to things as what they are. I know people who say car when they mean sport utility vehicle or truck. My parents say "truck" for van, minivan, and sport utility vehicle.

 

I couldn't believe it when I found out the Hummer (Rest In Peace) was built on the same platform as a Tahoe.

 

Truck based sport utility vehicles are what I think are real ones. The small ones like the Ford Explorer you mentioned are not even noteworthy to me, even if it was before the Expedition. Sport utility vehicles, to me, should be big and spactious. This new Ford Explorer is neither and I have no use for small vehicles.

New Contributor
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎12-15-2011
0

Re: citi now holding payments! **bleep**! oh and a chase fail!

In addition to what others have said about multiple payments within same month, this has happened to me when making "an unusually high payment". Over a thousand... I was rather annoyed at that one.
EX08... 675 (12-2013)
EQ04....704 (12-2013)
TU98.....721 (10-2013)

Sears Citi $3.6k - GE/Care Credit $1.5k - Amex BCE AU $13.1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments!! Oh and a chase fail!


navigatethis12 wrote:

ryanbush wrote:


While I agree with you that it is an SUV and not a truck, I would say a good majority of the people I deal with on a daily basis call their SUVs "trucks" so the OP could have been refering to his Escalade or Range rover as a "truck"

 

 

Technically the escalade, tahoe, suburban GMT 9000 platform is built on the same platform as the 1500 silverado.  It really is a SUV body on a Truck chassis, unlike a ford explorer or toyota 4 runner for example with is a unibody.  So i can still see someone refering to a tahoe or escalade as a "Truck"


I understand and know I am in the minority with referring to things as what they are. I know people who say car when they mean sport utility vehicle or truck. My parents say "truck" for van, minivan, and sport utility vehicle.

 

I couldn't believe it when I found out the Hummer (Rest In Peace) was built on the same platform as a Tahoe.

 

Truck based sport utility vehicles are what I think are real ones. The small ones like the Ford Explorer you mentioned are not even noteworthy to me, even if it was before the Expedition. Sport utility vehicles, to me, should be big and spactious. This new Ford Explorer is neither and I have no use for small vehicles.


Sounds like we agree!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments!! Oh and a chase fail!

Happened to me with Chase over the last couple months. I opened the account in november and have put about $30k through it since. (We replaced our roof) I have made several payments ranging from 5k to the biggest at 9.5k. Anything above 2k has had a 7-10 business day period before it posts as credited to my card, increasing my available balance to use.

First time I called in after four days since I made the payment. Payment made on day one, day two it was debited from my checking account and two business days later it had yet to post to my CC. It wasn't until a week and a half later that it posted. They said it was just to make sure the funds would go through.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments!! Oh and a chase fail!


Epcot wrote:
Happened to me with Chase over the last couple months. I opened the account in november and have put about $30k through it since. (We replaced our roof) I have made several payments ranging from 5k to the biggest at 9.5k. Anything above 2k has had a 7-10 business day period before it posts as credited to my card, increasing my available balance to use.

First time I called in after four days since I made the payment. Payment made on day one, day two it was debited from my checking account and two business days later it had yet to post to my CC. It wasn't until a week and a half later that it posted. They said it was just to make sure the funds would go through.

That's weird, I had to recon twice to get my CSP... My first charge was 3k and I made a payment of 2100 just a couple days later and my available credit went up immediatly.  Just made another 1500 today (my first statement balance) and my available credit already reflects that payment.  Maybe it has something to do with individual banks?  maybe Chase has had problems with your bank in the past (bank as a whole not just your account) and it a little protective due to that?  just a thought

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎02-19-2013
0

Re: citi now holding payments! **bleep**! oh and a chase fail!

As mentioned above, certain SUV's are actually trucks due to their frames, chassis, etc. That's why certain people call their SUV's trucks. Honda CRV's & such are definitely not trucks but a Chevy Tahoe is.

There are several trucks out there that can hit the $50,000+ mark easily. Ford Raptor, GMC Sierra Denali, Cadillac Escalade EXT, etc.
      

      

Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

Re: citi now holding payments! **bleep**! oh and a chase fail!

we have a 2013 f 450 platinum, a 2012 f-650 kingranch pickup and then sara has a 2012 toyota tundra platinum. The 650 is for for our company and the 450 i use to pull our camper around.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎02-19-2013
0

Re: citi now holding payments! **bleep**! oh and a chase fail!


swpopham wrote:

we have a 2013 f 450 platinum, a 2012 f-650 kingranch pickup and then sara has a 2012 toyota tundra platinum. The 650 is for for our company and the 450 i use to pull our camper around.


Nice. That is quite the beefed up driveway. 

      

      

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.