Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi product change options :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

citi product change options :)

I called citi yesterday to ask about product changing my diamond Preffered and the csr said I can change to "any" card I like ..... Preferably I want to keep it no-AF so I was looking at double cash or thank you Preffered !? Are thank you points better than cash back ?! Another option was the no fee HHonors , but I have the Hilton amex no fee as well :/ I don't know what to do , I want to show citi some love cause they where the first ones to approve me for a good credit card 2 yrs ago but with all these other cards , freedom , discover , bofa cash , the diamond has been SD until yesterday I purchased something at Dairy Queen with it just because I forgot my Hilton amex at home that gives me 5% on restaurants 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
aav
Established Contributor

Re: citi product change options :)

Good question. I'm in the same position. I've had the card for two years. It was the first card I got on the rebuild. So I'm a little sentimental about it.. Even though it's the lowest credit line I have.

The double cash card sounds good. I don't care for its appearance
lol but the benefits sound good. I've also thought abt the Hilton honors... But think I would prefer the Amex version.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aav wrote:
Good question. I'm in the same position. I've had the card for two years. It was the first card I got on the rebuild. So I'm a little sentimental about it.. Even though it's the lowest credit line I have.

The double cash card sounds good. I don't care for its appearance
lol but the benefits sound good. I've also thought abt the Hilton honors... But think I would prefer the Amex version.

I feel you about being sentimental about putting it  on the chopping block , the Hilton amex seems to be no diff than the citi Hilton (no fee versions)  , of course if you get the amex bonus that's when it makes the diff . But you won't get bonus when you pc :/  it's also one of my lowest credit lines too Smiley Very Happy 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a PC from Dividends to the Double Cash. I am not looking back! The 2% is nice and Citi is technically my oldest line so I do have sentiment to it as well. The card, IMO, looks better in hand than on the site.

Message 4 of 11
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called citi yesterday to ask about product changing my diamond Preffered and the csr said I can change to "any" card I like ..... Preferably I want to keep it no-AF so I was looking at double cash or thank you Preffered !? Are thank you points better than cash back ?! Another option was the no fee HHonors , but I have the Hilton amex no fee as well :/ I don't know what to do , I want to show citi some love cause they where the first ones to approve me for a good credit card 2 yrs ago but with all these other cards , freedom , discover , bofa cash , the diamond has been SD until yesterday I purchased something at Dairy Queen with it just because I forgot my Hilton amex at home that gives me 5% on restaurants 

At the very least, you can get 1:1 cash back from TYP from mortgage/student loan redemption. The best value is when you redeem for travel, but I believe you need to be carrying a Thank You Premier or Thank You Prestige to really take advantage of those redemptions. Unless you plan on getting one of those cards as well, I think the DC is your best bet. 

And I agree that the DC looks much better in person. I just wish the card itself was a bit more sturdy. But perhaps I've just been spoiled from using my CSP so much Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for the the PC to happen ?! 

@MstrPTato wrote:

I did a PC from Dividends to the Double Cash. I am not looking back! The 2% is nice and Citi is technically my oldest line so I do have sentiment to it as well. The card, IMO, looks better in hand than on the site.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to use my current card with the new PC terms the same day I called in. They sent me a new card and number within the week.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you PC with Citi, they will keep your history with them on the new card?

How about Capitol One?  I have 2 old starter cards with Citi (5 years old) and Capitol one (7 years) and both recently gotten new prime cards with each of the bank  I wanted to do a credit limit transfer then close the starter cards but both Cap 1 and Citi said they couldn't do that. My Cap1 Plat and Citi Diamond Preffered are usless to me except for their lenght of history. I want to close at least one of them or PC them.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi does keep the history on the account and it will show the original open date on your credit reports. I would assume others follow suit as it is a product change and not a new line of credit.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Citi its always good to APP for the lowest apr card like Diamond Prefered and PC it later on for more rewarding card when 0% apr ends

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.