Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi product change

tag
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

Re: citi product change

@Stiga9 wrote:

I'm not a moderator, but wouldn't a moderator say, please stick to the OPs question?

OP, yes it works for eligible accounts. Chat with them online and see if you're eligible.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 11 of 15
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know if the Citi Diuamond Preferred can be PCed, and if so, does it take 45-50 days? Ive only had the card for 3 months

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 12 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock_ wrote:

Does anybody know if the Citi Diuamond Preferred can be PCed, and if so, does it take 45-50 days? Ive only had the card for 3 months

Don't like your Citi DP? 

Yes, it can be PC'd but it depends on the product and whether the account is elegible.  Conversions can take approximately 50 days.  In your situation, your account needs to be open for 12+ months (at the earliest) and any existing BT/0% APR promotions need to expire before it can become elegible.  So, if your account is currently under a 12, 15 or 18 month 0% APR promotion, it won't be elegible until that promotion expires.

Message 13 of 15
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Don't like your Citi DP? 

Yes, it can be PC'd but it depends on the product and whether the account is elegible.  Conversions can take approximately 50 days.  In your situation, your account needs to be open for 12+ months (at the earliest) and any existing BT/0% APR promotions need to expire before it can become elegible.  So, if your account is currently under a 12, 15 or 18 month 0% APR promotion, it won't be elegible until that promotion expires.

Thanks for responding. They gave me a 9 month 0% APR. Do I still have to wait? I like my Citi DP, but would rather have a rewards card. Maybe a TY Preferred or Premier..but not sure if I either of those come in MC or not, though I prefer Visa..I like the idea of  MC being the most accepted worldwide..and I may be traveling.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock_ wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Don't like your Citi DP? 

Thanks for responding. They gave me a 9 month 0% APR. Do I still have to wait? I like my Citi DP, but would rather have a rewards card. Maybe a TY Preferred or Premier..but not sure if I either of those come in MC or not, though I prefer Visa..I like the idea of  MC being the most accepted worldwide..and I may be traveling.

Yes, still have to wait until after 12 months.  If you do it earlier, even after the short 0% APR promotion expires, it will likely remain coded as not elegible.

The TYP comes in both Visa and MC versions, but not sure if the TYP is one of those products that the DP would be elegible to PC into.  Definitely cannot PC into the TY Premier.  When your 12 month anniversary is up, contact them to find ot what your options are as far as PC, since their PC policies fluctuate from time to time.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.