Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi question:

tag
dize
Regular Contributor

citi question:

Hi, so I have had a citi forward for the past 4 years. I just got an email from citi inviting me to apply for a simplicity card and thanking me for being a member etc. The 0% interest for 18 months is very attractive, however I am looking for a rewards card that would be good for every day use. The card that would interest me most is the hilton honors, aa gold, or dividend cards. I am also looking for a business card as well, which would be the aadvantage mastercard.

If I were to apply to all, or a few of these, which would be the ideal order to do it in? would it count as 1 hardpull if I did them on the same night? 

I wouldn't mind the simplicity to buff my util%, since my total credit limits only add up to 2050, (I have another 2800 in newegg and BML, but those don't report) and to have for emergency purchases such as car repairs that I wasn't planning for, but I would prefer an every day card that offers rewards.

Thanks for the advice in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dize
Regular Contributor

Re: citi question:

bump, can someone confirm for me if multiple applications are 1 hard pull or multiples? I spoke to a representative and was told it would be multiple hard pulls, but this board seems to suggest that it would be one.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

From my understanding of Citi it would be multiple HP. I know they will HP for an application and an additional HP if you request a CLI within the same day. So my guess would be it would be multiple HP's. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Sometimes you can get away with CRA thinking it is an error and record only as 1 HP if the request originates the same day from the same lender. For me Chase was a quad pull for Freedom.  Double pull on EQ and EX at app and immediately afterwards another double pull for verification but done as First USA.. so I had no luck on the CRA report it only once as the lender names were different but both were done from Chase Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Sometimes you can get away with CRA thinking it is an error and record only as 1 HP if the request originates the same day from the same lender. For me Chase was a quad pull for Freedom.  Double pull on EQ and EX at app and immediately afterwards another double pull for verification but done as First USA.. so I had no luck on the CRA report it only once as the lender names were different but both were done from Chase Smiley Sad

Ouch. That would have hurt.

My report is filled with Chase. Double pulls for both Freedom and Slate (TU, EX). EX pulls for 3 denials the in 2012 and 13 put together. 

Blech ! 

Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Ouch. That would have hurt.

My report is filled with Chase. Double pulls for both Freedom and Slate (TU, EX). EX pulls for 3 denials the in 2012 and 13 put together. 

Blech ! 

ups... so I am not the only one that collects Chase pulls Smiley Tongue...no denials yet for me   but 8 pulls for 2 accounts in 12 months....curious to what will happen next week when I try to get CSP...for sure a double pull again but hopefully for an approval.  From the logic that the recent request to convert the Freedom to a Signature card that got declined the CSP should not get approved but my motto now "no risk no fun" and not common sense.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.