Did you mean: 

citi simplicity 0% 21 months!

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: citi simplicity 0% 21 months!

@enharu wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

I still consider them to be "The Citi Wheel Of Fortune" in that that's how unpredictable their approvals and CLs are.

I am too very confused about their approvals/denials. I don't have a Citi credit card myself nor have I ever tried applying for one, but I have been interested in applying for one but the thought never came to fruition because I didn't want 1 inquiry to try my luck out with Citi. I have a checking accounts with them and deposit quite an amount with them, but I am not sure if they even care about banking relationship.

They seem to either hate or love certain consumers, regardless of their credit scores. I've seen people with >750 get denied and people with 650 range get approved for the same exact card, which makes me really wonder what Citi is exactly looking for.

That is essentially why I call it "The Citi Wheel Of Fortune" you never know what they'll say, it's like spinning an app result wheel.  

I tend to steer people away from Citi, unless they really want to try for them and don't mind the HP (or more, depending) for the attempt.    The long intro rate is how they tempt people into applying.  Don't fall for it if there is ANY other product (company) you might consider, even with a shorter intro period, if you even  think for a split second of the INQ hitting a report with any amount of worry, Citi is just too unpredictable, no matter where you research.  I'm sure  (ok, actually I know) many of their former employees from the plains states would concur.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

Where is the 21 month 0%, I might have to apply for that one.  Are there any other cards out there right now that offer that long of an intro period? 

They send them out in the mail quite often, I have also spotted it online before.  DM got the mailer, was given an unusually low CL for her file, even with previous long term stellar history with Citi.   Discover is better and I have seen them offer up to 18 months 0% BT, I got 15 with them. And unlike Citi, they go out of their way to be good to a customer.   Citi's attitude is often very much "eh, ho hum, whatever".   Discover has earned my respect, Citi threw it away.

From experience and research, Citi (and in ways, more so) the BoA, are a couple of the most unpredictable and "iffy" lenders to get involved with.   Even though many people can report great experiences with them, they're still two of the worst as far as knowing what you might end up dealing with.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

Citi pulls EX, right?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 21
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Good Luck!!!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 15 of 21
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

I just received an offer for the Thank You Preferred card for 0% for 21 months balances/purchases.  I thought it was unusual since:

1.  The length of the offer (nearly 2 years)

2.  The fact that it was a TYPreferred card (previously I'd seen less attractive offers for Simplicity or Diamond Preferred)

3.  The offer length (I have until mid June to decide)

At the end of the day, I may app for it since I have some electronics purchases I need to make this year and it will keep them off my budget until 2015.  I love using other people's money for long periods of time. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Sevenfeet wrote:

I just received an offer for the Thank You Preferred card for 0% for 21 months balances/purchases.  I thought it was unusual since:

1.  The length of the offer (nearly 2 years)

2.  The fact that it was a TYPreferred card (previously I'd seen less attractive offers for Simplicity or Diamond Preferred)

3.  The offer length (I have until mid June to decide)

At the end of the day, I may app for it since I have some electronics purchases I need to make this year and it will keep them off my budget until 2015.  I love using other people's money for long periods of time. Smiley Happy

Yeah exactly, I'm going to have some large purchases this year also.  If I recieved the same offer you did I would app for it in a heartbeat!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 17 of 21
SammyChance
Established Member

I applied for this card last week and was initially declined for inquiries, (4).  After recon I was approved for $5000.  They checked EX, my utilization was 11% at the time, clean reports.  EQ 738, TU 725 both from myfico.

Message 18 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

I still consider them to be "The Citi Wheel Of Fortune" in that that's how unpredictable their approvals and CLs are.

I am too very confused about their approvals/denials. I don't have a Citi credit card myself nor have I ever tried applying for one, but I have been interested in applying for one but the thought never came to fruition because I didn't want 1 inquiry to try my luck out with Citi. I have a checking accounts with them and deposit quite an amount with them, but I am not sure if they even care about banking relationship.

They seem to either hate or love certain consumers, regardless of their credit scores. I've seen people with >750 get denied and people with 650 range get approved for the same exact card, which makes me really wonder what Citi is exactly looking for.

They do care a great deal about your deposits and banking relationship, but though this is very important to them, credit is handled by an entirely seperate entity.  They do consider it, but would still be unable to overturn a computer denial.

Message 19 of 21
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

@SammyChance wrote:

I applied for this card last week and was initially declined for inquiries, (4).  After recon I was approved for $5000.  They checked EX, my utilization was 11% at the time, clean reports.  EQ 738, TU 725 both from myfico.

That's good to know.  Right now the inquiries I've done recently for Experian have been for Amex, FIA and US Bank.  Three old inquiries from 5/2011 and 6/2011 are scheduled to drop off soon.  US Bank allows me to find out what my score is from Experian so I'll take advantage of that before apping too.  Currently my EQ scores are 744 and EQ FICO is 732, but I expect them to shift a bit when my US Bank card reports (the only card from my app spree that hasn't reported yet).

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.