Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi simplicity 5 % categories

tag
jaraico
Regular Contributor

citi simplicity 5 % categories

received a special invitation for this 5% rewards at department stores, groceries( including super centers), and gas up to 25 bucks which is awesome can probably cap it in one month but still i kept the simplicity as my BT card now i can get a few bucks back. even better! since they refuse to combine my citi cards i will receive my sign up bonus with the TYP and then close it.

has anyone else received this? 

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cyclesport45
Established Member

Re: citi simplicity 5 % categories

I got the same terms for my (not very active) Citi Diamond Preferred.  I wonder if it's an attempt to get some activity going.  Will use it for dining (5%)

Chase Freedom(5.3K), Citi Double Cash (8.8K). Citi Thank You Preferred(10.2K) DCU Platinum Rewards(10K), REI Visa(9.6K) Amex Blue Sky(5K), Amex Blue Cash Preferred (20K), Crate & Barrel (3.5K) Discover IT(16.5K) CSP (28K)
Message 2 of 5
jaraico
Regular Contributor

yes i think they are trying to keep up with the discover it, quicksilver and freedom. hopefully they will up the cap

Barclays TU: 760 MyFico EX: 746 EQ:?

Message 3 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred here and zeroed out for the past couple of months. With that offer i wouldn't mind putting some action on it again but haven't gotten the email notice yet.
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Citi fairly regularly does this on all their cards, with different mixes of rewards categories based on who-knows-what (doesn't seem to be related to what you buy a lot of it, or what you haven't bought on that card at all).   It's always capped at 25 something, $25 on cash cards, 2,500 TYP or 2,500 AA miles for example (the latter being more valuable).

It seems to me to generate good will out of all proportion to the value, but Discover gets love for $5 gifts, so this is a little more generous!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.