Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi thank you preferred confusion

tag
BaraRara1979
Established Member

citi thank you preferred confusion

I applied for a citi thank you card. Was approved and received my card. Intro offer was for 0% on purchases and balance transfers. I did not receive that 0%....spoke with a manager earlier this month. She said that was wrong and had to be reversed..it wasn't. Called again tonight and they basically told me there wasnt anything they can do. But I am welcome to apply for another card! Anything I can do?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: citi thank you preferred confusion

Did you respond to an offer? Is it possible your approval didn't come with the best terms? I know that happens with Discover
I always take a screenshot of my apps just in case.
Message 2 of 10
BaraRara1979
Established Member

I did get an offer...however I didnt put in the invitation code. Didnt think I had to since on their website it says there is an intro offer of 0 %. Just bothers me that a manger said just last week that its wrong and needs to be changed but woman today says nothing she can do!
Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can try and contact their EO. Some lenders are more flexible with honoring offers and some are not.

Don't give up.
Message 4 of 10
BaraRara1979
Established Member

Thank you for your replies. Will try to call soneone else there tomorrow. Probably won't ever use this card..will it be better to keep it open?
Message 5 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@BaraRara1979 wrote:
Thank you for your replies. Will try to call soneone else there tomorrow. Probably won't ever use this card..will it be better to keep it open?

might as well keep it open since it has no AF.

Before you applied for the card, are you sure you clicked on the correct promotion? Did you visit any travel blogs / credit cards site and clicked on any other links for the TY Preferred? Citi, like many other issuers, have different links for different promotions, and sometimes people click on the wrong link and apply for the wrong promo as a result. Chase is usually flexible about switching the promotions for their customers, but Citi, Barclays and Amex are very firm on this. In most cases you are stuck with whatever promotion you clicked on when you applied. 

Anyhow, call them and ask about it again. If it was indeed their error, they should be able to fix it. If not, call their EO.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@BaraRara1979 wrote:
I applied for a citi thank you card. Was approved and received my card. Intro offer was for 0% on purchases and balance transfers. I did not receive that 0%....spoke with a manager earlier this month. She said that was wrong and had to be reversed..it wasn't. Called again tonight and they basically told me there wasnt anything they can do. But I am welcome to apply for another card! Anything I can do?

That's odd. I just receieved an offer for this card in the mail today and it was 15 months 0% apr. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 10
BaraRara1979
Established Member

I went directly to the citi website and opened the app for the ty preferred! I just don't get it! It said 0% for purchases and transfers right on the site!
Message 8 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@BaraRara1979 wrote:
I went directly to the citi website and opened the app for the ty preferred! I just don't get it! It said 0% for purchases and transfers right on the site!

did you click on any other promos before you did the app?

your computer could have saved cookies from other sites / promos that resulted in this.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 10
BaraRara1979
Established Member

I don't think so but honestly I don't remember! I'm gonna have to check my computer!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.