Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citibank SM

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: citibank SM

@FinStar wrote:
Right. I have the HHonors Reserve and mainly use it to sustain the Gold benefits which are on par for the number of stays at Hilton properties throughout the year.

In your case, and depending on your planned Premier usage, just have them carve out a portion of the CL that would suit those needs.

In my situation what would you do? Would you A. appy for premier now and SM in to forget about the credit line reduction on the AA plat and go for amex spg business in sept or B. Apply for the Amex SPG business card now, let the credit reduction on the AA plat go through and then next month app for the premier/

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

why not just app for the product you want then call in and tell them to move limit?

Message 22 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
Right. I have the HHonors Reserve and mainly use it to sustain the Gold benefits which are on par for the number of stays at Hilton properties throughout the year.

In your case, and depending on your planned Premier usage, just have them carve out a portion of the CL that would suit those needs.

In my situation what would you do? Would you A. appy for premier now and SM in to forget about the credit line reduction on the AA plat and go for amex spg business in sept or B. Apply for the Amex SPG business card now, let the credit reduction on the AA plat go through and then next month app for the premier/

Well, it really depends on the level of risk you're willing to take Smiley Tongue (since both of our approaches could yield different results). 

Now, if it were me, I'd go for both now.  But, if your approach is a bit more cautious to see which outome is best (again depending on your overall goals), I'd go for SPG business now since I'm sure you could land this one right away (I'm assuming your overall business profile is within the decent range).  Then, you can evaluate your options (depending on your SL with SPG) and go for Premier (have the EO number handy just in case since they'll be the only ones that are empowered to get things sorted out CL-wise -- if it gets to that).

Message 23 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

why not just app for the product you want then call in and tell them to move limit?

Has nothing to do with want. I want both cards. Its just which is the best approach to use. By waiting I could theoretically have a chance at an instant approval vs dealing with recon. My concern is whether the premier offer could all of a sudden disappear. Its been around for a bit so I don't know how likely that would be, but then again I don't know citi's practice when it comes to whether or not they announce the end of an offer or if they just yank it out of the blue. 

;
Message 24 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has nothing to do with want. I want both cards. Its just which is the best approach to use. By waiting I could theoretically have a chance at an instant approval vs dealing with recon. My concern is whether the premier offer could all of a sudden disappear. Its been around for a bit so I don't know how likely that would be, but then again I don't know citi's practice when it comes to whether or not they announce the end of an offer or if they just yank it out of the blue. 

Valid points OP.  See my other post above and hopefully that can help.  I'd say the SPG business offer would vanish much faster than TY Premier but that's just an educated guess.  I'm thinking you would land both.  If the SPG is approved and out of the way, then you could deal with Citi last (if it even ends up being a minor issue with the approval).

Message 25 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Well, it really depends on the level of risk you're willing to take Smiley Tongue (since both of our approaches could yield different results). 

Now, if it were me, I'd go for both now.  But, if your approach is a bit more cautious to see which outome is best (again depending on your overall goals), I'd go for SPG business now since I'm sure you could land this one right away (I'm assuming your overall business profile is within the decent range).  Then, you can evaluate your options (depending on your SL with SPG) and go for Premier (have the EO number handy just in case since they'll be the only ones that are empowered to get things sorted out CL-wise -- if it gets to that).

I want to keep the apps spread out a month apart (otherwise I'd be ok with going back to back), because I do not want to be too pressed on having to meet initial spend. I have spend, but since I am considering doing a retention offer or two as well it all adds up and can be tough to meet all within three months. What is SL? Also, should I use my office address or home address for the Amex SPG? The reason I ask is that I have an Ink Bold registered to the office address, but because its an office with a lot different businesses I had to send chase a copy of my office lease for verification. I'm not sure if Amex will make me jump through those hoops like Chase did. Also, not sure if amex would look funny at a home address for a business. Would it mess up their check of my business profile if I don't give the office address? I have over a year history with the bold so if they could see that then it would help with my business credit I think. I'd like to use my business address but not if its going to create a problem. 

;
Message 26 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Valid points OP.  See my other post above and hopefully that can help.  I'd say the SPG business offer would vanish much faster than TY Premier but that's just an educated guess.  I'm thinking you would land both.  If the SPG is approved and out of the way, then you could deal with Citi last (if it even ends up being a minor issue with the approval).

Its clear the SPG offer is gone on 9/14. So at least for that card we know exactly how long the offer will be around. 

;
Message 27 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I want to keep the apps spread out a month apart (otherwise I'd be ok with going back to back), because I do not want to be too pressed on having to meet initial spend. I have spend, but since I am considering doing a retention offer or two as well it all adds up and can be tough to meet all within three months. What is SL? Also, should I use my office address or home address for the Amex SPG? The reason I ask is that I have an Ink Bold registered to the office address, but because its an office with a lot different businesses I had to send chase a copy of my office lease for verification. I'm not sure if Amex will make me jump through those hoops like Chase did. Also, not sure if amex would look funny at a home address for a business. Would it mess up their check of my business profile if I don't give the office address? I have over a year history with the bold so if they could see that then it would help with my business credit I think. I'd like to use my business address but not if its going to create a problem. 

I see.  Makes sense if you have considered the inital spend requirements, gotcha.  SL = Starting Limit

Well, maybe other folks could chime in but I think the business address question would be best suited for the business subforum if you want more perspective on that.  Personally, so you don't encounter any road blocks, I would use the office/business address (hopefully this is already established and reflects accordingly on EQ and EX business reports).  I believe that if you use the home address, there could be some verification instance that can arise IMO.

Message 28 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

Just an update. Applied for Amex SPG business and after having to call in for verification was approved with initial line of 10k. Since it is a business card that line should be enough for month to month expenses given I have a chase business card as well. My citi AA Plat credit line decrease request was approved so that dropped down to 2k from 8.5k and I will go for the citi premier card after giving it sometime for decrease to work its way through system. I wonder if their system will be updated as of tomorrow because I can see the new credit line in my online account now and the statement cut date for the card is tomorrow. 

;
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.