Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citibank online outage from yesterday?

tag
jackff
Established Member

citibank online outage from yesterday?

I was unable to log into my citi online account yesterday and got an error message:

We're sorry. Citi.com is temporarily unavailable.
      Citi.com and Citibank Online are currently unavailable. If you need immediate assistance, please call 1-800-374-9700 (TDD/TYY: 1-800-788-0002). We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Still can't access my account today. I can visit citi.com normally but receive the same error when trying to log in. Does this happen to everyone? Or is my computer infected?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jackff
Established Member

Re: citibank online outage from yesterday?

@jackff wrote:

I was unable to log into my citi online account yesterday and got an error message:

We're sorry. Citi.com is temporarily unavailable.
      Citi.com and Citibank Online are currently unavailable. If you need immediate assistance, please call 1-800-374-9700 (TDD/TYY: 1-800-788-0002). We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Still can't access my account today. I can visit citi.com normally but receive the same error when trying to log in. Does this happen to everyone? Or is my computer infected?

Well.. Update: I tried several different computers and still failed to log in. However, I realized I kept using firefox, my default browser on all the machines so I guessed perhaps they don't support firefox. Finally I tried IE on Windows 8.0 and it works. Solved.

Message 2 of 5
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Hmm.. I'm on Firefox (Mac), no issues.  Although that website does tend to be buggy in general.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 3 of 5
jackff
Established Member

Further update: I just tried firefox one more time today and everything is normal again. I didn't do anything at all. I guess it's an internal bug of CITI

Message 4 of 5
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I may be crazy but it seems i remember some notice that they would be down. But it may have been another site.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.