Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close Wells Secured ?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: close Wells Secured ?

Did you talk to normal CSRs or is that what the underwriters told u? If you haven't tried calling their recons / underwriting department you can try calling. A number of people got this issue resolved by talking to the underwriters directly
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Did you talk to normal CSRs or is that what the underwriters told u? If you haven't tried calling their recons / underwriting department you can try calling. A number of people got this issue resolved by talking to the underwriters directly

+1 or the customer retention dept

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I first spoke to a regular CSR who escalated the call after speaking to several people I just didn't have the energy for it anymore. I'll try again soon but I just believe after all this time I shouldn't do so much work to get a card unsecured. 

Message 13 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Don't bother calling people in the CSR chain. Even the supervisors do not have the authority to unsecure any cards. Such work is beyond their scope of responsibilities / job duties and they are not trained to analyze risk either.

You need to call underwriting, retentions, or reconsideratons directly and talk to an analyst / underwriter who can review your account and make a decision.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.