Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closed Discover

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Re: closed Discover

I used it frequently when I was young and dumb. I had it close to maxed out ($500) at that time and always tried to pay as much as I could. That was when I made nothing close to what I do now and was Iless responsible. It was great then but now it's useless.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@s_rob7488 wrote:
Insufficient experience with current discover credit limit. I have had it since 2008!!! They're crazy

You do realize if you barely use your card or have barely used it recently that reason is 100% accurate and understandable.  It doesn't matter if you've had the card since 2008, if you barely use it, you do have limited experience with your card, even if you used it a lot when you first got it.

Message 12 of 17
Smug
Established Contributor

I love my discover had the card less than 1 year and two credit line increases!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 13 of 17
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Yes I realize not using it a lot will hurt the chances tfor it to grow with me but in my mind it was already dead. I think I'd have a better shot apping for a new card all together and getting a higher CL than keeping that one.
Message 14 of 17
flowfaster
Established Contributor

s_rob7488 wrote:
Yes I realize not using it a lot will hurt the chances tfor it to grow with me but in my mind it was already dead. I think I'd have a better shot apping for a new card all together and getting a higher CL than keeping that one.

YeahYeah, I bet for sure if you re-apply you will get better terms including a higher credit limit.  Why not apply for the new discover IT?  Discover really is a good company to keep around.  I'm sorry they did not see it the same way.  Maybe you had some flag on your account from a long time ago?

EDIT: Plus, I would keep even a toy CL with them just to use ShopDiscover. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 15 of 17
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

No, I've been fortunate enough to not have any baddies on my CR. Really not sure what the reasons were. I looked yesterday before calling in and saw my last paid amount was $253 in March. So I was using the card a slight bit. 

Message 16 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Free market and love it.  They don't want your business, you can give it to somebody else.  Great choice!

+1 - I also closed my Discover. Had the card for about 15 months or so, ran $18k through it, and was granted a $500 CLI briging the CL to $2k.  Smiley Mad

They asked me why I was closing and I was honest, told them CL way too low compared to my other cards and I thought the Chase Freedom was a better value. They tried to convince me to keep it open but nope. It was closed and I have not regreted that action.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.