Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closed credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

closed credit card

I have a CC that was closed by the company (USAA) I had only 1 late on it...over a year ago and I usually paid over the minimum each month.  It was the one shining beacon on my credit report Smiley Wink  Anyway, I do not have the letter from USAA in fronto f me, me but it was closed due to income to debt ratio and too many open accts.  I still owe money on the cc.  I would like to ask USAA to reconsider and re-open the cc for me.  Are there any steps I should take prior to this request??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: closed credit card

Would you be able to pay off most of the balance immediately? It sounds like they got worried about you not really reducing the debt, and also having other open accounts (poses more risk that USAA wouldn't get repaid.)

Do you have balances on the other cards?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: closed credit card

The balance is $3000. I could pay it off by January. My other card is a Target card and the balance is $100, I believe.  The limit for that is $200.  I dont have any other cards....I have student loans that are almost paid (I owe about $300) and a car I recently purchased that I owe  $9000.

Should I pay the USAA CC off and then ask them to re-consider?  Is January too far away to negotiate with USAA?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.