Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing a secured credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

closing a secured credit card

my mom  want to close her secured card the  limit is 450 and she owes i think  120  she wanna know if she close it with a balance will they just  take what she owes out of her refund and settle the account 

2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: closing a secured credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

my mom  want to close her secured card the  limit is 450 and she owes i think  120  she wanna know if she close it with a balance will they just  take what she owes out of her refund and settle the account 

She can request it but I wouldnt just rely on them to do it, you would still have to make at least the minimum payment if the closure this way results in a delay, IMO its best to request it when the balance is 0 so there is no possibility of a late payment.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: closing a secured credit card

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

She can request it but I wouldnt just rely on them to do it, you would still have to make at least the minimum payment if the closure this way results in a delay, IMO its best to request it when the balance is 0 so there is no possibility of a late payment.

just pay it to $0 then close.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.