Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing walmart

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: closing walmart

some are cheap some are not but me and my wife always do our inventory at home to see what we need and we go shop at walmart to use 12 month no interest and i buy alot of chicken wing in a tray (12 tray ) plus i normaly pay off in 6 month.

Message 41 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

man why no one like to shop at walmart.. i like shopping at walmart ...

I hate Walmart. Maybe it is different than your experiences, but my experiences with Walmart are very bad (crowded, noisy, dirty, slow check out...)

I order all our groceries, etc. online from Pavilions and, they deliver everything to our front door.  But, I STILL want to get the Walmart card for the FICO®

Message 42 of 57
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to let everyone know I purchased an Ipad 2 last month and asked the checkout lady how do i get the 0% financing. She erroneously told me (and i didn't know better at the time) that it was automatic for purchases over $299. I received my statement today and I didn't see the promotional rate. I called Walmart and the rep told me she was supposed to scan a coupon at the register, but all purchases qualify for 12 months no interest if the purchase is at least $299. He also said if I didn't get the promotion rate at the store, I could always call customer service and they would apply it. So I am satisfied that he went ahead and gave me the promotion since it qualified. Hope this helps.

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 43 of 57
qtcbcute
Contributor

@palmbeachwife wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know I purchased an Ipad 2 last month and asked the checkout lady how do i get the 0% financing. She erroneously told me (and i didn't know better at the time) that it was automatic for purchases over $299. I received my statement today and I didn't see the promotional rate. I called Walmart and the rep told me she was supposed to scan a coupon at the register, but all purchases qualify for 12 months no interest if the purchase is at least $299. He also said if I didn't get the promotion rate at the store, I could always call customer service and they would apply it. So I am satisfied that he went ahead and gave me the promotion since it qualified. Hope this helps.

The exact same thing happened to me. I too, bought an iPad 2 for my husband and I didn't get the 0% financing. Funny thing is I didn't even know about the 0% financing until reading about it on these forums. I called customer service and they applied it with no problem. I received my statement and saw it there. I'm a happy camper with my Walmart card and their customer service!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really happy I stumbled upon this while reading the forums.  I just applied for a Walmart card and was instantly approved for $700.   Like some others I have been stuck in the low credit limit limbo for some time.  Hopefully this card will help me fix that, because having a steady ontime payment with Cap1 does not seem to do anything for me.

Message 45 of 57
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

The ratio of store to major cards does not really matter.
Just the fact that you have both kinds in your profile. Closing your walmart will only cause you to lower your score.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 46 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm saving my 12 months 0% APR  to use for the holidays.  But since my 5 year old Acer laptop has been doing a lot of singing recently,  I may have to use it before then.  I will never buy an Acer laptop again.  It gets too hot and the battery dies fast.  

Also, on the back of the coupon for the 0% APR for 12 months to be appied,  it has the direction outlining what the cashier needs to do to have the APR applied to an order of $299 or more.  It's automatically applied for online orders.   It's always best to know the terms and conditions yourself rather than  relying on the cashier  to know what their talking about. 

Message 47 of 57
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@crunching_numbers wrote:
The ratio of store to major cards does not really matter.
Just the fact that you have both kinds in your profile. Closing your walmart will only cause you to lower your score.

Store cards = revolving, and there's no indication that it counts as a different type of revolving based on what pretty much everyone has experienced on the forum.  As a result, it doesn't change the mix of credit function.  Keep it open, close it, whatever (unless it impacts your aggregate CL for revolving utillization), though realistically if you have the card, and you shop at Walmart at all, might as well just hang out for the free FICO.

        
Message 48 of 57
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

I didn't know anything about needing a coupon at the register. I think you don't have to wait for a coupon to receive 12 mo. free financing, it's automatic if you call customer service and ask for it provided you spend the $299 on a purchase. That may be new news to some people.

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 49 of 57
android01
Valued Contributor

Whatever happened to Appbar anyway?  I miss reading his.her posts.  Smiley Sad

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.