Established Contributor
flowfaster

Re: closing walmart

Where do you find the 0% coupon?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
New Visitor
khemchee

i was wondering if you guys knew about the offer that walmart has were you get a walmart card and then you bring up a piece of paper that has a barcode  and says no interest for 12months.... if they refuse to scan the barcode do you still get the no interest?

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

I'm not sure why the cashier would refuse to scan the barcode, but you could always call Walmart credit customer service to get the offer applied to your account.
Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

Don't close the card. Sock drawer if you want to. They are very good with CLIs. Call every 4 - 5 months. I just called them and went from $1000 to $2000. If you want to close anything, think about the Cap Ones with AF. Those won't grow with you. I never got a CLI with them and I had a great payment history.
Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
New Visitor
khemchee

[ Edited ]

she wasnt a very bright or a nice cashier. she just kept saying no and asking if there was money on the card. its like yeah i got appproved

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

khemchee wrote:

she wasnt a very bright or a nice cashier. she just kept saying no and asking if there was money on the card. its like yeah i got appproved

Some of them are terrible. My sister wanted to apply for the walmart card for the free FICO score and to get $20 off her purchase since she spent more than $100, and the cashier goes "You have to pay first then you can apply for the card" and I was like ...."uh no..." and she refused to put through an application for the credit card. 

Super Contributor
CS800

Where is appbar these days?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+