Reply
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: closing walmart


jamesdwi wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

Yeah, what he said.

 

The card has no annual fee, and if you don't carry a balance, you'll never pay a penny in interest.

 

I'd keep the card just for the free TU score...


+1 

 

and don't forget you can get free cash advances at walmarts  just buy a pack of gum put on the card.... select amount of cash you want back...  you can go to the service desk and return the gum if you like ;-) 

 

 


I love this feature when i'm short on $$$




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: closing walmart

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: closing walmart


afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


I'd SD what you don't use. Only one I would remotely consider axing is the $500CL Cap1.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: closing walmart


LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


I'd SD what you don't use. Only one I would remotely consider axing is the $500CL Cap1.


ok ill pay it off and  maybe close it... ill be getting a CSP on it may but i let a bal of $0 post this month so i prolly wont get it


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: closing walmart


afbar1114 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


I'd SD what you don't use. Only one I would remotely consider axing is the $500CL Cap1.


ok ill pay it off and  maybe close it... ill be getting a CSP on it may but i let a bal of $0 post this month so i prolly wont get it


To get the CSP you have to have experience with a 5K limit, I would consider gardening past that timeframe and try to get CLI's.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: closing walmart


LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


I'd SD what you don't use. Only one I would remotely consider axing is the $500CL Cap1.


ok ill pay it off and  maybe close it... ill be getting a CSP on it may but i let a bal of $0 post this month so i prolly wont get it


To get the CSP you have to have experience with a 5K limit, I would consider gardening past that timeframe and try to get CLI's.


i ment Credit Steps Program lol 


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,152
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: closing walmart


afbar1114 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


I'd SD what you don't use. Only one I would remotely consider axing is the $500CL Cap1.


ok ill pay it off and  maybe close it... ill be getting a CSP on it may but i let a bal of $0 post this month so i prolly wont get it


another thing to remember is that GE/walmart is very good about CLI's every 4-5 months and that helps long term with some prime cards others here have posted about being in the low limit trap, which you seem to be, keep the walmart card for a year ask for CLI's every 4 months or so and you will soon be over 4k CLI and it can graduate to be a discover card at some point in the future. Got my Walmart card in november 900 CL, this month they gave me a $100 CLI now at $1000 I expect them to give me another one in 4 more months and if they follow the GE pattern it could be as high as a $1000 CLI and that will definetely help your UTL. 

 

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 8.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: closing walmart


afbar1114 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

AMEX-NPSL

Jared-$282/$2500

Home Depot- $356/$1100

Best Buy (store)- $445/$1000

Cap1-$428/$750

Cap1-$60/$500

Chase-$100/$500

Kohls-$25/$500

Walmart-$0/$500


Used my cards a bit more this month going to try to let a small bal of 15% or less post 

 


I'd SD what you don't use. Only one I would remotely consider axing is the $500CL Cap1.


ok ill pay it off and  maybe close it... ill be getting a CSP on it may but i let a bal of $0 post this month so i prolly wont get it


To get the CSP you have to have experience with a 5K limit, I would consider gardening past that timeframe and try to get CLI's.


i ment Credit Steps Program lol 


:smileyvery-happy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Member
Posts: 112
Registered: ‎03-18-2012
0

Re: closing walmart

@LS2982 will this impact my score or credit if i close it..

 

1 cap plat card $800 $19AF for 6yr.

1 cap plat  card $750 $39AF for 1.5yr

sony card from cap1 $750 no AF 1.5yr

 

all of this is 0 balance...

 

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: closing walmart


cardcrazyboi wrote:

@LS2982 will this impact my score or credit if i close it..

 

1 cap plat card $800 $19AF for 6yr.

1 cap plat  card $750 $39AF for 1.5yr

sony card from cap1 $750 no AF 1.5yr

 

all of this is 0 balance...

 


Shut this one down. Should not impact your scores as long as you keep your Util. down.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.