Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing walmart

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: closing walmart

Where do you find the 0% coupon?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was wondering if you guys knew about the offer that walmart has were you get a walmart card and then you bring up a piece of paper that has a barcode  and says no interest for 12months.... if they refuse to scan the barcode do you still get the no interest?

Message 52 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure why the cashier would refuse to scan the barcode, but you could always call Walmart credit customer service to get the offer applied to your account.
Message 53 of 57
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Don't close the card. Sock drawer if you want to. They are very good with CLIs. Call every 4 - 5 months. I just called them and went from $1000 to $2000. If you want to close anything, think about the Cap Ones with AF. Those won't grow with you. I never got a CLI with them and I had a great payment history.
Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

she wasnt a very bright or a nice cashier. she just kept saying no and asking if there was money on the card. its like yeah i got appproved

Message 55 of 57
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

she wasnt a very bright or a nice cashier. she just kept saying no and asking if there was money on the card. its like yeah i got appproved

Some of them are terrible. My sister wanted to apply for the walmart card for the free FICO score and to get $20 off her purchase since she spent more than $100, and the cashier goes "You have to pay first then you can apply for the card" and I was like ...."uh no..." and she refused to put through an application for the credit card. 

Message 56 of 57
CS800
Super Contributor

Where is appbar these days?

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.