co-branded cards vs bank brand cards credit lines

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: co-branded cards vs bank brand cards credit lines

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I do, and I think the limits are comparable. Some brands come insta 5k. I am pre approved for the CSP, which is insta 5k, and have the amazon chase at 3k. Despite recent rumors, you can move limits around.

Personally, would rather work up to the chase ink. Why work up? They aren't giving me optimal apr's, and the Ink business cards are 13.24. Methinks you need stellar credit, and experience with some business cards.

Having other Chase cards helps. They want some history. And, they have an internal limit, only get so much credit, depending on your income.

I have a chase ink bold and it is my very first business card. You must have a years worth of active credit card history showing through to be considered. My credit is not stellar, but the recent history back to 2009 is rock solid. 

Yes, but the bold is a charge card, and no longer offered.  For Chase, 13.24 is low apr, so it's the excellent credit range.

I'm not really sure there is a difference between the underwriting on the bold vs the ink plus. The app process was weird and very different than with amex. My credit line at the time of approval on my bold was 5k and I had to move personal credit over to get it. It felt similiar to apping for a revolver. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I do, and I think the limits are comparable. Some brands come insta 5k. I am pre approved for the CSP, which is insta 5k, and have the amazon chase at 3k. Despite recent rumors, you can move limits around.

Personally, would rather work up to the chase ink. Why work up? They aren't giving me optimal apr's, and the Ink business cards are 13.24. Methinks you need stellar credit, and experience with some business cards.

Having other Chase cards helps. They want some history. And, they have an internal limit, only get so much credit, depending on your income.

I have a chase ink bold and it is my very first business card. You must have a years worth of active credit card history showing through to be considered. My credit is not stellar, but the recent history back to 2009 is rock solid. 

Yes, but the bold is a charge card, and no longer offered.  For Chase, 13.24 is low apr, so it's the excellent credit range.

I'm not really sure there is a difference between the underwriting on the bold vs the ink plus. The app process was weird and very different than with amex. My credit line at the time of approval on my bold was 5k and I had to move personal credit over to get it. It felt similiar to apping for a revolver. 

Seems kinda useless to have a Charge card with a limit on it.

Message 12 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

CSP 5k

Marriott 5k

:[

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's definitely a YMMV aspect to it. In my case, my limit for my Freedom and AARP card is the same, and I know I'm just one person, but there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule with Chase (what else is new).

One thing that may be skewing the cobranded limit numbers is that the approvals for many of Chase's cobranded cards (Ritz, Marriott, Hyatt) must be Visa Signatures, so Chase requires at least a $5000 limit or the application isn't approved. So at least in these cases, you would expect to see a disproportionate number of high limits on these cards compared to say, the Freedom, which can have a limit as low as $500. Obviously there are cobranded Chase cards (like AARP) that don't require a $5000 limit, and there are branded Chase cards that do (CSP), but there are definitely more cobranded Chase cards that require a minimum $5000 limit. 

Message 14 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Seems kinda useless to have a Charge card with a limit on it.

True and the limit changes month to month. That being said all charge cards have limits on them it is just that some limits are internal and not told to customer. I will pick up the ink plus in the future as I like knowing exactly how much money I have access to. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.