Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combining HSBC accounts

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

combining HSBC accounts

i have an HSBC MaterCard and applied for another card and got a denial saying "you were recently approved for an HSBC account".

does anyone know how long the account must be open before getting approved for another account? i want to apply for an account and then combine the accounts for a higher cl.

has anyone else successfully done this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
-RED
Regular Contributor

Re: combining HSBC accounts

It is a whole new game now, so who knows.

However, I doubt they will allow a balance transfer from another HSBC card, if that is what you are wondering.... 

-800 or Bust...!
Message 2 of 7
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Last I heard it was 18 months.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
ncks
Valued Member

They say they have to be 18 months apart but sometimes it takes about 6 months.  They do combine accounts, it can be 2 HSBC or Orchard accounts, but as of right now they are not combining any.

Message 4 of 7
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

You can't apply for more than one card if both cards are considered to be within the same "class" of cards, i.e. if you get approved for a Household Bank mastercard you can't turn around and be approved for an Orchard Bank mastercard because both of these are "credit rebuilder" type cards.

At least that's how the CSR rep explained it to me. Maybe you should call and see what answer you receive. Smiley Wink

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 5 of 7
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

When I called back in January and requested to combine both my Orchard and BB RZ MC they said no.   When I told them to close them both, the offered 1/2 off Orchard AF, 100% off BB AF and gave me a $400 CLI on Orchard, up to $900 from $500.  Not bad but i'm still going to close them next year if they don't give me credit for both AF's but not before I obtain my new high limit cc later this year. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 6 of 7
ncks
Valued Member

Those reps don't know what they be talking about half the time.  I have a HSBC Mastercard and a Orchard Mastercard.  They recently stopped combining cards and giving cli because of the new credit card act.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.