Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combining credit cards

tag
Camilion
Regular Contributor

combining credit cards

Im not quite clear on what happens and what the benifit would be to my credit score if i combine cards....Will this increase my credit score......

I understand that the credit limits might be larger but does decreasing the amount of cards you have and having ONE card with a higher balance help???

Thank you so much! you guys are awesome

And what is the possibility of combining two orchard and two premier cards be>>

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: combining credit cards

I say it's not going to have any effect on your score, but higher line might gain your higher lines on other cards in the future. just my thoughts
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with C.A. One high limit card begats another. At least that's how it's working for me. In addition, you keep the history on the "closed" card for 10 years.

As far as score wise goes, it depends on the ccc, and how they report it. If they report it as closed then you could have a ding.

I combined 2 Cap1 cards back in October. The "closed" card is still being reported as open, and paying as agreed. It's doing nothing but helping. (sshhhhhhh....don't tell Cap1.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syl- Same for me
I even disputed it as Closed - and it came back verified
I guess I am stuck with that extra $4k in UTL.

Sylviatob wrote:
I agree with C.A. One high limit card begats another. At least that's how it's working for me. In addition, you keep the history on the "closed" card for 10 years.

As far as score wise goes, it depends on the ccc, and how they report it. If they report it as closed then you could have a ding.

I combined 2 Cap1 cards back in October. The "closed" card is still being reported as open, and paying as agreed. It's doing nothing but helping. (sshhhhhhh....don't tell Cap1.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.