Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coming up on 61 days with Amex???

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

coming up on 61 days with Amex???

I need some advice....I have the green ,BCP and Delta Gold.....I have a 5000 CL on Delta and on BCP I have 2000......Should I try for thr CLI on BCP to 6000 or on the Delta for 15000...(3x's CL )???

I have pumped 3000 on both cards the past 2 months....

I will probably be closing the Delta in a year and allocating the balance to BCP if all goes well.....I have no use for the miles...I fly other airlines...

when I do fly...

I have gotten the 3 month bonus on Delta 30000 miles,Can they be converted??  I just spent the 1000  in 3 months on the BCP..... 150.00 statement credit...(not been added yet to account yet)

I know these are alot of questions,just want to know where to go with them.......

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: coming up on 61 days with Amex???

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I need some advice....I have the green ,BCP and Delta Gold.....I have a 5000 CL on Delta and on BCP I have 2000......Should I try for thr CLI on BCP to 6000 or on the Delta for 15000...(3x's CL )???

I will probably be closing the Delta in a year and allocating the balance to BCP if all goes well.....I have no use for the miles...I fly other airlines...

when I do fly...

I have gotten the 3 month bonus on Delta 30000 miles,Can they be converted??  I just spent the 1000  in 3 months on the BCP..... 150.00 statement credit...(not been added yet to account yet)

I know these are alot of questions,just want to know where to go with them.......

personally I like consistancy so I would go for 6k for BCP, it also makes you look less greedy Smiley Happy   you can always get increases on other things later, but other people would probably convince you to go 15k on your Delta just for credit/debt ratio. I just don't like seeing high limits next to low limits but that's just me Smiley Happy as long as you PIF all the time like you should to avoid interest charges that destroys your rewards each month I would go for 5k and 6k not 15 and 2, it should also put you in better territory for cards with Chase since they like to see high limits from other cards. Two cards over 5k should reflect better than low mixed with high jus my opinion =) you'll always get to get 15k later or 18k if you go with bcp twice in a row in 6 months later Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I tend to agree. I would rather build the CL on the card you get the most use out of. Though I have read here that Amex will reallocate your CL to a diff card, so that's an option, too. Especially if your planning on closing or not using your Delta. Maybe transfer some of the CL to your BCP and then CLI. Not sure if there's a time limit on a CLI after a change like that. Maybe others could chime in if they know. 

Or you could CLI your delta and then reallocate part of it to your BCP! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 12
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

thanks for the advice.....I also think that the cli hopefully to 6000 would suffice then I can always reallocate the delta to BCP at the 1 yr mark.....thanks

I have 3 other accounts at the 5000 mark.......I have some BT on them so I am working on getting them paid down...tough with christmas though..Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 12
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

So what  do you guys think I should do ....CLI on BCP or Delta????

need a vote????

Message 5 of 12
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

BCP

Why did you get the Delta card if you do not fly them, was it to get "in with Amex", if so understood.  No your miles can not transfer to another airline.  Fly roundtrip on Delta to use your miles though.

Best of luck on your CLI.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

when I do fly...

This may seem immature of me, but you're leaving yourself wide open with that last sentence.  You gotta do what's best for you.  Sometimes we get ourselves all worked up over credit when tomorrow things can be much different.  I was on overload reading that.  NO PUN INTENDED!

Message 7 of 12
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Because I took advice of some on this forum. That it was the easiest revolver to get... When I was approved by for green I have it a shot

Message 8 of 12
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Don't want to transfer miles.... Just let want to convert to statement credit at the 1yr mark when I try for my c.l transfer

Message 9 of 12
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

If I am understanding this correctly.  You want to convert your miles (30k) to statement credit when you transfer the credit line and close the card?

As far I as everything I have on Amex Delta products, this will be an unlikely scenario.  The miles are directly credited to your Delta Skymiles account each month and are non convertable to other Amex programs.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.