cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

tag

considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

I am in need of some advice. I am considering applying for an amex blue cash everyday. currently my credit score according to fico with Experian is 725.  i have not checked the other scores but i have read that amex usually just checks experian. i have always paid my credit cards in full and have never made a late fee or paid anything less then the full balance on the statement. right now i have a discover card with 5500 cl and a home depot with a 1000 cl. i have had the Discover for 20 months and the home depot for 7 months. my utility is around 15 percent. Do you think that i would be able to get approved for the amex blue cash? also how much would my credit score drop if i apply and get approved? i really want the blue cash for the cash back on groceries and gas on the months that discover does not give me 5 percent.  thanks for any advice. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

@lookingforadvice86 wrote:

I am in need of some advice. I am considering applying for an amex blue cash everyday. currently my credit score according to fico with Experian is 725.  i have not checked the other scores but i have read that amex usually just checks experian. i have always paid my credit cards in full and have never made a late fee or paid anything less then the full balance on the statement. right now i have a discover card with 5500 cl and a home depot with a 1000 cl. i have had the Discover for 20 months and the home depot for 7 months. my utility is around 15 percent. Do you think that i would be able to get approved for the amex blue cash? also how much would my credit score drop if i apply and get approved? i really want the blue cash for the cash back on groceries and gas on the months that discover does not give me 5 percent.  thanks for any advice. 

Welcome to the forums!!

Where did you get this EX score??

I think you got a good shot at approval.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 30

hey thanks for the reply, i got it from myfico

Message 3 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

hey thanks for the reply, i got it from myfico

You didn't get an EX FICO from here, they haven't been sold to the general public since 2009. You may have gotten EQ or TU tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 30

your right sorry about that it is the equifax that i got with the free trial on myfico

Message 5 of 30
Epcot
Valued Contributor

You sure you didn't mean EQ?

edit- didn't see your last post. Your file looks pretty decent. How many inquiries do you have?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

your right sorry about that it is the equifax that i got with the free trial on myfico

With the score being over 700 I think you got a good shot at getting the AMEX. Your EX should be right around there as well. Keep in mind AMEX can pull any report for revolvers and may even pull all 3 if your file is borderline to them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 30

cool thanks for the advice. will that drop my credit score much? on my fico report it recommended that i not get new credit soon because of the home depot 7 months ago, but i never use that card and was wanting to get the amex for all the benefits. just didnt want it to destroy my score from applying

Message 8 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

cool thanks for the advice. will that drop my credit score much? on my fico report it recommended that i not get new credit soon because of the home depot 7 months ago, but i never use that card and was wanting to get the amex for all the benefits. just didnt want it to destroy my score from applying

Its not going to "destroy" your score You may lose a few points but if your planning to garden for awhile you'll get those back within 6 months to a year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 30
Epcot
Valued Contributor

The inquiry and new account (lowering your AAoA) will hurt a little but you should see your scores rebound within 6-12 months.

edit- LS2982 you are fast, beat me to it. LOL

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.